East Asian Digital Scholarship Community Hour - April

Matsuura, Katherine K.

Apr 7, 2021, 4:38:06 PM4/7/21
to dhj...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues,

I hope everyone is nearly recovered from a busy month of AAS webinars and zoom presentations.  Although summer is around the corner, many of us are unable to do field research in Japan / East Asia, which brings up the question… How can we make best use of databases?  Particularly when there are so many and they can be difficult to use.

Join us for the next East Asian Digital Scholarship Community Hour.  We look forward to seeing you!

Time:  Friday, 30 April at 11am

Participation Registration: https://bit.ly/202104_EADSCH

How can we spend the summer doing research efficiently? How do you utilize databases in your fields? Do you have use cases or approaches to share? Please join the East Asian Digital Scholarship Community Hour to share your experience and methods in using databases. If you want to share your use cases, please fill in this Google Form (https://link.ws/EADSCH-Present) by 26 April 2021. The community hour will be recorded and posted on the Fairbank Center YouTube Channel.

--

Katherine Matsuura

Japan Digital Scholarship Librarian

Japan Digital Research Center, Fung Library

Harvard University

CGIS Knafel Building, 1730 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA 02138

Email: kmat...@fas.harvard.edu | phone: (617) 496-6961

Website: https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/jdrc

Melek Ortabasi

Apr 8, 2021, 9:54:38 PM4/8/21
to dhj...@googlegroups.com

Hi Katherine,

A plea from a West Coaster for a not so early hour next time😉

Very best,

Melek

Melek Ortabasi, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Chair
Department of World Languages and Literatures
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Simon Fraser University
AQ 5127
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, B.C.
CANADA V5A 1S6
Phone: 778-782-8660

It is not true that we have only one life to lead; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish.

- S. I. Hayakawa, Language in Thought and Action

Apr 8, 2021, 10:13:07 PM4/8/21
to dhj...@googlegroups.com

Yes, for Everyone on the West Coast, please accept my apologies!

We have received requests from colleagues in Europe to occasionally move the EA Digital Scholarship Community Hour to a time when they can join.  This is just an experiment and we are trying to be as inclusive as possible.  I expect to shift back to a better time for those of you on the West Coast and Japan/East Asia next time, I promise!  So sorry.

cid:image001.png@01D72BCC.5D935B60