Fwd: Call for Papers-Princeton digital humanities center

Paula R. Curtis

Dec 8, 2020, 6:06:21 PM12/8/20
to dhj...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Please see the CFP below!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Gyoonho Kong <gk...@princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 12:13 PM
Subject: Call for Papers-Princeton digital humanities center

Dear DH Japan

My name is Gyoonho Kong, and I am a graduate fellow working for the center for digital humanities at Princeton. I’m contacting you on behalf of the New Languages for NLP Institute organizers to let you know of an opportunity to conduct research on underrepresented languages. We hope you’ll  distribute our call for participation below.

Many thanks,

Gyoonho Kong

Princeton University

German Department Ph.D. candidate

609-575-7449 | gk...@princeton.edu

--

Do you wish you could do large-scale text analysis on the languages you study? Is the lack of good linguistic data and tools a barrier to your research?

The Center for Digital Humanities at Princeton is calling for applications for New Languages for NLP: Building Linguistic Diversity in the Digital Humanities, a 3-part workshop series to be held between May 2021 and August 2022. Deadline for applications is January 10, 2021.

We are seeking a cohort of scholars working with diverse languages that currently lack NLP resources. No technical experience is necessary to participate. Institute participants will learn how to annotate linguistic data and train statistical language models using cutting-edge NLP tools and will advance their own research projects.

For more information and to apply, see our project website: https://newnlp.princeton.edu/application/

This Institute workshops is funded by a National Endowment for Humanities Institutes for Advanced Topics in the Digital Humanities grant, and is a collaboration between the Princeton CDH, Haverford College, the Library of Congress Labs, and DARIAH.

Please feel free to contact the project directors with questions:

Natalia Ermolaev (nata...@princeton.edu)

Andrew Janco (aja...@haverford.edu)

--
Paula R. Curtis
Postdoctoral Associate and Lecturer in History