Kafka

Bob Jolliffe

Jul 18, 2018, 7:43:48 AM7/18/18
to DHIS2 system administrators
Hi

Most of you will have noticed that v 2.30 has been released with some
functionality linked to the kafka streaming software.

I have not had the opportunity of trying it out or considering what
might be the best practice deployment model for this. Or doing any
benchmarks to understand what the gains are.

Please do share any experiences here. I have seen Morten earlier
requesting feedback, but I think also some shared experiences here
will be useful.

Cheers
Bob

Jasper Timm

Jul 18, 2018, 8:18:29 AM7/18/18
to Bob Jolliffe, DHIS2 system administrators
Hey Bob,

I'd be happy to test out the integration with Kafka, but unfortunately we don't have any projects that require the import of Tracker data.

Do you have any idea what the plans are for future Kafka integrations? Do you know if there's a plan to support something like a publish/subscribe model which would allow us to subscribe to changes in DHIS2? For instance new submissions or updates to metadata.

Cheers,

- Jasper

Jasper Timm

Lead Software Developer

eHealth Africa
4A Renner Drive
Off Wilkinson Road (behind Monoprix Supermarket)
Freetown, Sierra Leone

mobile +232 99891119

Bob Jolliffe

Jul 18, 2018, 8:22:04 AM7/18/18
to Jasper Timm, DHIS2 system administrators
Hi Jasper

On 18 July 2018 at 13:18, Jasper Timm <jaspe...@ehealthafrica.org> wrote:
Hey Bob,

I'd be happy to test out the integration with Kafka, but unfortunately we don't have any projects that require the import of Tracker data.

Do you have any idea what the plans are for future Kafka integrations? Do you know if there's a plan to support something like a publish/subscribe model which would allow us to subscribe to changes in DHIS2? For instance new submissions or updates to metadata.

Morten will know better, but I believe that is exactly what is being planned.

Cheers,

- Jasper

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 1:43 PM Bob Jolliffe <bobjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Most of you will have noticed that v 2.30 has been released with some
functionality linked to the kafka streaming software.

I have not had the opportunity of trying it out or considering what
might be the best practice deployment model for this.  Or doing any
benchmarks to understand what the gains are.

Please do share any experiences here.  I have seen Morten earlier
requesting feedback, but I think also some shared experiences here
will be useful.

Cheers
Bob

Morten Olav Hansen

Jul 22, 2018, 6:26:15 AM7/22/18
to Bob Jolliffe, Jasper Timm, DHIS2 system administrators
Yeah,

So for 2.30 we have tracker data import. for 2.3x, we can do whatever we want, we -want-our-suggestions-. On the planning board now are metadata audits (like we do today with rabbitmq), logs, audits... but feel free to add more to our JIRA

--
Morten