Installation of dhis2 on docker

gerald thomas

Aug 26, 2018, 6:35:57 PM8/26/18
to dhis2-users, DHIS2 system administrators, dhis2-devs
Dear all,
I am trying to do a dhis2 instance using docker on my laptop. Please can anyone help with the procedures; this is my first time to do it on docker

--
Regards,

Gerald

Gerald Thomas

Aug 27, 2018, 3:52:16 AM8/27/18
to Paulo Grácio, dhis2-users, DHIS2 system administrators, dhis2-devs
Dear Paulo,
Can i only have mysql database for this instance?

On Aug 27, 2018, at 5:58 AM, Paulo Grácio <paulo...@gmail.com> wrote:

https://github.com/pgracio/dhis2-docker

Hasn’t been updated for a while so not sure if there is a better way.

gerald thomas

Aug 27, 2018, 10:55:49 AM8/27/18
to dcocos, Paulo Grácio, dhis2-users, DHIS2 system administrators, dhis2-devs
Dan,
I am using my laptop which is mac pro where i had already installed docker and now i want to install an Ubuntu DHIS2 instance on it.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 2:32 PM Dan Cocos <dco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gerald,

You can also try this for local dev.

Cheers,
Dan

Dan Cocos
Principal, BAO Systems
dco...@baosystems.com | http://www.baosystems.com |  2900 K Street, Suite 507, Washington D.C. 20007

Regards,

Gerald

gerald thomas

Aug 28, 2018, 6:16:01 AM8/28/18
to dcocos, Paulo Grácio, dhis2-users, DHIS2 system administrators, dhis2-devs
Hi all,
I got it docker using postgresql is fixed now but i need to drop the current database and import another database. Please can anyone help?
--
Regards,

Gerald

Alex Tumwesigye

Sep 5, 2018, 11:55:21 AM9/5/18
to paulo....@gmail.com, gerald thomas, dhis2-users, dhis2-system-...@googlegroups.com, dco...@gmail.com, DHIS 2 developers
Hello Gerald,

e.g
docker exec -it container_name "psql -U postgres -d template1 -c 'drop database dhis;create database dhis with owner dhis'"
docker exec -it container_name "psql -U dhis -d dhis -f dumpfile"

Alex

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 10:27 AM Paulo Grácio <paulo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Geral, with the current docker setup you can generate your own docker image and use that one instead of sierra-leone.

All you need to do is:

2. have a file named dhis2-db.sql.gz that contains your database dump.
3. run ./docker-build.sh -v 2.30 -d my-database
4. update docker-compose do use the nee image.

give it a try.

--
Alex Tumwesigye

Kampala
Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems - DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don't want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "