Tashi Delek and schedule update

Janet Gilmore

Mar 3, 2022, 6:27:18 PM3/3/22
to dharmata sangha
Tashi Delek!

Today is Losar, the Tibetan New Year and this year is the year of the Water TIger, which symbolizes strength, courage and resilience--qualities we most certainly all need in today's world.

Speaking of strength and courage, this weekend, Mar 5 & 6, there is an online Dharmata retreat entitled "Finding Strength and Ease of an Open Heart" with Anam Thubten, Norman Fisher and Trudy Goodman.  Registration is still open and this is a "by donation" event -- no set amount so you can attend for whatever you can afford.

Here is a description of the retreat and the link for registration:

All are welcome and registration space is still available for:
“Finding the Strength and Ease of an Open Heart”
Norman Fisher, Trudy Goodman & Anam Thubten
March 5 & 6: 10:00 am - 4:30 pm PST via Zoom
Two-day Online Retreat
There is an inexhaustible resource that lies within each of us. It is the opening of the heart from which peace, courage, and wisdom all can be discovered. During these challenging times, there is a way we can rise above all the external and internal difficulties and become a source of equanimity and love. Dharmata Foundation is happy to welcome these three wonderful Dharma teachers to lead a weekend meditation retreat on this timely topic. This is a dana (by donation) retreat. To make this event available to all, you set the registration fee, and all the proceeds will go directly to the three teachers as a financial offering of gratitude.
To register and for more information:

We will have two additional meditation sessions (8 and 9 a.m.) we call EMS (Early Morning Sits) this coming Sunday, March 6th, since it is the first Sunday of the month. And at 10 a.m. we will have our regular meditation session. So please join us for a morning of meditation leading in to the online retreat with Anam Thubten, Norman Fischer and Trudy Goodman. The retreat will begin at noon central time, so we will not have a local Dharma talk this Sunday.

Our Tuesday night discussion group will begin a new book on Tuesday, Mar 8,  Vajra Heart Revisited - Teachings on the Path of Trekcho by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche (and Tsoknyi Gyatso). We begin with a half-hour of meditation then an hour of discussion. All are welcome @ 6:30 on Tuesday.

This week, we'll continue our zoom Morning Meditations Monday - Friday at 7:30 a.m.

For now, all Austin events are happening via this zoom link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3999708495?pwd=bURaMEpzSm5aY3NuZGwxTEtuUmFmQT09

Meeting ID: 399 970 8495

Passcode: 042738

love and peace,