Dharmata Austin Sangha Schedule June 27 - July 10

Janet Gilmore

Jun 26, 2021, 10:31:37 AM6/26/21
to dharmata sangha
Hi everyone,

I'll be travelling and on vacation with our family in New Mexico for the next couple of weeks (starting Monday) so I'm providing a schedule for the next two weeks.

We'll continue daily (Monday - Friday) morning meditations from 7:30 - 8:15 throughout the next two weeks.  Thanks to all the volunteers who will be leading the meditation during these two weeks.

We'll take a 1-week break from our Dharma Discussion this Wednesday (June 30) due to several of our regulars travelling or out-of-pocket.  We will resume on Wednesday July 7 at 6:30.  We are discussing The Heart Sutra, using Red Pine's commentary and also Anam Thubten's, the Fragrance of Emptiness.   We've been reading the section ahead of time so we can get to the heart of the matter during the discussion.  Sometimes participants will read portions of one of the two commentaries or even bring in other source material that is relevant.  Here's where we are in the books(s):

Red Pine

Fragrance of Emptiness

Heart Sutra verse

“Not birth or destruction, purity defilement, completeness or deficiency

There is no birth and no cessation. There is no impurity and no purity. There is no decrease and no increase.

Section

Part One, Section 11

Chapter 12

Beginning page

90

155

Tomorrow (June 27th) we'll have our regular Sunday Sadhna practice from 10 am -noon, including meditation followed by a talk and discussion on Lojong Slogan 49:  Always meditate on what provokes resentment.   Next Sunday, July 4th, we'll have practice but no Dharma Talk.

All events continue through the zoom link below for the time being.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and staying cool in the heat.

with love and gratitude,

Janet

Topic: Dharmata Austin Sangha
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3999708495?pwd=bURaMEpzSm5aY3NuZGwxTEtuUmFmQT09

Meeting ID: 399 970 8495
Passcode: 042738
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,3999708495#,,,,*042738# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,3999708495#,,,,*042738# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)