BGF Upcoming Events Weekly Updates (Aug - Nov 2019)

Chooi YenHoe (Mr)

Aug 22, 2019, 6:46:37 AM8/22/19
to Dhammafren Mailing Group

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <secreta...@gmail.com>

Dear Brothers and Sisters in the Dhamma,

You are cordially invited to the following events at BGF :

1)  25 Aug 2019 Sunday@BGF : The Origin of Life by Uncle Vijaya Samarawickrama

Date  : 25 Aug 2019, Sunday@Bgf

Time  : 9.00 am to 11.30 am

Venue: BGF Ara Damansara

Title  : The Origin of Life

Synopsis:

Throughout history mankind has always been searching for answers to the origin of life. Let us hear what the Buddha taught about this subject. The speaker will also relate how this understanding can help us live better lives.

Speaker : Uncle Vijaya Samarawickrama

Speaker Profile:

Vijaya Samarawickrama,fondly known as Uncle Vijaya, obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Universiti Malaya, a Master of Arts degree in Drama and Theatre from the University of Hawaii, and a Teaching Certificate from the University of Liverpool.

He is a prominent figure in Buddhist circles, giving more than 100 talks in Universities, schools and Dhamma centres each year for the last five decades. Besides being the Patron of the Sasana Abhiwurdhi Wardhana Society, Kuala Lumpur, he is also the Chairman of Nalanda Institutes Education team. He has represented Malaysia in numerous Buddhist conventions and conferences, both locally and abroad. He has also given numerous inspiring dhamma talks throughout Malaysia, in Singapore and Australia.

2)  1st Sept 2019 Sun@BGF: People Are Entangled In a Tangle. Who Can Untangle This Tangle? by Bhante Yassasi

Date : 1st Sept 2019, Sunday

Time : 9.00am to 11.30am

Title  : People Are Entangled In A Tangle. Who Can Untangle This Tangle?

Speaker: Bhante Ayagama Siri Yasassi Thero

Synopsis:

In the world today, we are facing various internal and external problems. Sometimes, they are connected each other and solutions for one problem might be caused for other many problems. The Great Teacher, the Buddha taught us the way to overcome our problems.

Speaker Profile:

Bhante Ayagama Siri Yasassi Thero has received ordination in the year of 1994 and higher ordination in 2004 in Sri Lanka and was a government teacher in Pali & Sanskrit for 8 years. He was a former temporary lecturer in University of Kelaniya and visiting lecturer in Buddhist & Pali University of Sri Lanka. Bhante is the founder of Dharma-Vijaya Buddhist Association and director of Dharma-Vijaya Institute of Buddhist studies and oriental languages. Bhante who is working on his PhD research in Abhidhamma is currently residing at Dharma-Vijaya Sati Vihara, Ara Damansara.

3)  22nd Sept 2019 Sunday : Applied Buddhism In Our Daily Lives by Dr Bugs Tan

Date : 22nd Sept 2019, Sunday

Time : 9.00am to 11.30am

Title  : Applied Buddhism in Our Daily Lives.

Speaker: Dr Bugs Tan.

Synopsis:

We have listened to many Dhamma talks and read many Dhamma books. But how do we apply Dhamma in our daily lives. How can we use the teaching of the Buddha Dhamma to improve things at home and at work? Come and find out at this Dhamma sharing. The speaker will reveal the path way on how you can easily apply the Buddha Dhamma in our dealings with others at home and at work.

Speaker Profile:Bro Bugs Tan is a prominent inventor with 16 national awards. In 2007 he received the National Innovation Award from the Prime Minister of Malaysia. In 2009 he received the International Award for Excellence in Innovation in India. In 2010 he received the Order of Merit for Innovation in Korea. In 2012 he was inducted as a FELLOW at the University Technology of Malaysia. In 2018 he was named an Un-Sung Hero by Maybank. He is currently a consultant to Royal Malaysia Police force and an Advisor to a few universities.

4) 27th COUNSELING COURSE

"I need help."

A call for help we so often hear,
from ourselves when we face uncertainties and difficulties that is life;

from our loved ones as they approach you, in conflict and stressed;
from our colleagues and friends as they face a roadblock in life.

How would you help them or yourself? ??

We invite you to join the 27th BGF Counseling Course starting on 29 September 2019.

The course is conducted by qualified speakers who are experienced in their respective professions.

Come and learn effective & crucial counseling skills in this 8+12-week course.

By the end of it, we hope to equip participants with the skills and knowledge to cope with life’s various stress and strains, mountains and molehills.

Join us in ‘Discovering Yourself and Others' to realise your potential to be an empathetic listener in order to help yourself and others.

You can sign up here: bit.ly/27bgfcc
Level 1 Counseling Course Topics
September 2019 - December 2019
  •  Conflict Resolutions Skills
  •  In Pursuit of Happiness
  •  Mental and Emotional Impact of Stress
  •  Self-Awareness: Your Personality
  •  Effective Listening in Counseling
  •  Effective Communication
  •  Human Development Across the Lifespan
  •  Personal Growth: Your Values, Your Life
Level 2 Counseling Course Topics
January 2020 – May 2020
  •  Suicide Intervention
  •  Mental Health Matters
  •  Trauma and Crisis Intervention
  •  Child Protection
  •  Domestic Violence is NOT a Private Matter
  •  Connecting with Children
  •  Field Visit
  •  Counselling Theories
  •  Befriending Adolescents
  •  Coping with Loss and Grief
  •  Relationship Counseling
  •  Getting Over Getting Older
  •  Behavioral and Substance Addictions

5) BRIDGING MINDS JOINING HEARTS PARENTS - TEEN CAMP is BACK for the 4th TIME!

- Is there a gap between you and your loved ones?
- Do you wish that your family understands you more?
- Seeking ways to be closer with your family?

Embark on a journey of inner transformation and mutual understanding this year end with your family at Broga Bliss Eco Garden, nestled in the beautiful hills of Broga, Semenyih.

For the fourth year in a row, the Bridging Minds Joining Hearts Transformative 3-day Parent-Teen Camp is organised by Buddhist Gem Fellowship in collaboration with gloWithin. Programme will be conducted by a team of dedicated facilitators from gloWithin, together with featured speaker Bhante Kumara.

Join us from 30 Nov - 2 Dec 2019
🌟Open to teenagers aged 12 - 19 accompanied by at least 1 parent / guardian.
🌟Venue: Broga Bliss Eco Garden, Semenyih
Camp Video:  https://youtu.be/E5fzu6yaSrY
👉Sign up NOW at www.tiny.cc/bmjh2019 (up to 20 families only)
# EARLY BIRD discount rates (register by 31st August 2019)
# Includes accommodation, food and camp materials

Questions?
Please Whatsapp 016-3468599 (Cindy), 012-3331848 (Li Ying) or 016-2290300 (Daniel), or email: bmjh...@gmail.com

BGF: www.bgf.org.my
gloWithin: www.glowithin.my

With Metta,

Buddhist Gem Fellowship

(Secretariat)

--

"Happy is he who has lofty and noble aspirations.
Happy is he who enriches the lives of others.

Ven Dr K Sri Dhammananda (1919-2006)

With metta
YenHoe (Suvanna)