Lunar New Year Feb 12th: Dhammadharini Winter Retreat New Moon Uposatha program (No. 3 of 6)

Friends of Dhammadharini

Feb 10, 2021, 10:05:46 PM2/10/21
to Dhammadharini Google Group post
February New Moon Lunar New Year 2021.png

Warm greetings, dear Venerable monastics & Dhamma friends -

We are looking forward to our upcoming Lunar New Year New Moon Uposatha program Friday February 12th. The Lunar New Year is also famously known as Chinese New Year, Korean New Year, and Vietnamese New Year. Uposatha-wise, this New Moon and the Lunar New Year marks the halfway point in our winter retreat.

Our Uposatha program will have two parts: Refuges & Precepts in the morning and Meditation & Dhamma Sharing in the evening (California time). You are welcome to join for one or both parts.

This Uposatha, for Refuges & Precepts, we will be joined by special guest teacher Ayya Sudhamma, while our venerable Ayya Sucitta is in her personal retreat time. Thank you, Ayya Sudhamma, for joining us! Ayya Sucitta will be back with us again next Uposatha.

  • 8:30am: Join Ven. Sudhamma Theri to undertake the Three Refuges and the Uposatha Eight Precepts.

  • 7pm-8:30pm: Join Ven. Tathaloka Theri for meditation, Dhamma talk, and Dhamma discussion.

The times given here are in Pacific Standard Time, please see the Time Zone Converter to find your local time and date. (If you are on the other side of the world from California, the evening Meditation and Dhamma program will be on your Feb 13th morning.)

You may join the Uposatha program via Zoom for live interactive or watch on Dhammadharini Monastery's Youtube. Please do not post the Zoom info on social media - thank you; you are welcome to share Dhammadharini's Youtube or posts on Dhammadharini's Facebook here. If you know anyone who would like to join in, you can point them to this page to register.

Join via Dhammadharini Monastery's Youtube (you can also see the past 2 Uposatha meditations and Dhamma talks here): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7xaB8XO8Iq-FAhcDPWe2g

Join Zoom Meeting: Winter Observance Days with Dhammadharini:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89462927664?pwd=clgxekdKVmRZWEFNbWxQQUg1R0JBZz09

Zoom Meeting ID: 894 6292 7664
Passcode: 7692 (this spells "POYA" on your phone keypad)

One tap mobile
+13017158592,,89462927664#,,,,*7692# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,89462927664#,,,,*7692# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbvcS7lun4

These programs are offered freely as pure gifts of Dhamma Dana. Thanks to everyone near and far who has offered the support that makes these offerings possible!

If you wish to join in offering a gift of support to the Sangha for the Lunar New Year, whether useful requisites or to make a donation towards supporting the winter retreat, you can find helpful info to make your gift here: dhammadharini.net/support.

Wishing you a happy Lunar New Year full of depth & brightness of heart, the goodness of the Dhamma, and blessings of Sangha, with much metta to all,

~ friends of Dhammadharini

Winter Retreat Uposatha Refuges and Precepts New Moon 2_Sudhamma.jpg

Winter Retreat Uposatha Dhamma and Meditation New Moon 2_Tathaloka.jpg

--

Dhammadharini

 our monastery
6791 Sturtevant Dr, Penngrove CA
 94951 USA
Phone or text: 707.583.9522

 ☸ our hermitage
Mailing Address: PO Box 16, Jenner, CA 95450  USA
Voicemail or text: 707.583.9523