Gratitude on this day of Thanksgiving, from our Dhammadharini Community

❧ Dhammadharini Monastery

Nov 24, 2022, 9:39:56 PM11/24/22
to dhamma...@googlegroups.com
1.png

Dear Venerable Monastics and Dhamma Friends,

Among all of the things that Thanksgiving is for us here in America, it can be a day for reflecting on everything in our lives for which we are grateful -- this has deep meaning and value, and continues to be both a challenging and worthy practice in our Buddhist monastic lives, calling forth the good and the wholesome, the bright, the noble and the resilient in us.

Reflecting broadly, we see how here in our Dhammadharini community, we truly have a such wealth of things to be grateful for:

The Teachings of the Buddha, to which we have dedicated our lives, which have brought millenia of incalculable benefit to our world. The enormously dedicated and experienced practitioners, teachers and exemplars who have preserved these teachings and passed them down to us through the centuries. All of our preceptors, teachers, mentors and guides, who have been our living examples of the Dhamma, and passed on the treasures of the Buddhist heritage to us. Our incredible circle of our Dhamma kin, friends and benefactors, who support, nurture, care for, and share in this path of practice with us, and make it possible for us to live in this profound and noble way in our world of samsara, unto Nibbāna.

In gratitude, our community is planning on offering two special events coming up (info post forthcoming):
  • Saturday Dec 3rd, Mudita for Ayya Tathaloka's 25th Anniversary of Bhikkhuni Ordination (in-person and online, link to event page)
  • Sunday Dec 4th, Celebration of Sanghamitta Day (online, link to event page)
For today, on this day of Thanksgiving, we offer and share our most sincere blessings of gratitude, rejoicing in "Anumodana!" with all of you; may we all experience the most excellent and noble blessings and fruits of this Path of Practice:

🍁 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Dana, our Generosity
🍂 The
incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Sila, our Precepts, Moral Virtue and Ethical Integrity
🌾 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Nekkhamma, our Leaving Behind the Causes of Suffering
🍂 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Pañña, our Insight and Wisdom
🍁 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Viriya, our Energetic Efforts
🌾 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Khanti, our Patient Endurance & Perseverance
🍁 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Sacca, our Truthfulness and Dedication to Truth
🍂 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Adhitthana, our Determination & Resolve
🌾 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Metta, our Goodwill, Loving-kindness and Friendship
🍁 The incalculable Blessings and Fruits of our Upekkha, our Mental Equipoise, Balance, and Equanimity which is the basis for our practice to be able to see, know, hold and pass through absolutely everything.*

In profound gratitude and dedication,
the Dhammadharini Community
3.png

🍁🍂🌾*These are the 10 Paramis

🍁🍂🌾 Sharing the Blessings from one of our wonderful moments of community this year during our Dana Sala Inauguration (the whole community chanting with Ayya Mettajivi's lead)

--
Dhammadharini Monastery
6791 Sturtevant Dr., Penngrove CA 94951