Honoring Ayyā Sobhanā on her 75th Birthday & 20th Anniversary of Pabbajjā: Help Us Plan a Birthday Surprise!

Dhammadharini Support Foundation

Dec 10, 2023, 3:33:42 PM12/10/23
to Dhammadharini Google Group post

Dhammadharini

Wishing our dearest Ayya Sobhana a very happy 75th birthday & 20th ordination anniversary!

Greetings Dhamma Friends,

Please join us in wishing the very happiest of birthdays, and happy 20th ordination anniversary, to Venerable Bhikkhunī Ayyā Sobhana Therī!

All of us at the Dhammadharini Support Foundation, along with the Dhammadharini Bhikkhuni Sangha, send our heartfelt gratitude and warmest of birthday wishes.

I know for myself, it’s nearly impossible to properly articulate the impact Ayya Sobhana has had on my practice and my life. I began tuning in via Zoom during the pandemic and somehow, each Tuesday and Sunday, her teaching and wise reflections were exactly what I needed to hear at the time. Her wisdom, relatability and kindness has helped greatly transform my suffering, increase my awareness and warm my heart.

We have been so blessed as a community to have Ayya Sobhana as vice-abbess of Dhammadharini. As we celebrate the anniversary of her birth, we also celebrate the 20th anniversary of Ayya Sobhana receiving the "going forth" (pabbajjā) and ten precepts as a Sāmanerī at the Bhavana Society of West Virginia, with the most venerable Dr. Henepola Gunaratana Nāyaka Mahā Thero as preceptor.

Dhammadharini will host a special program on Tuesday December 12th to honor both Ayya Sobhana’s going forth and birthday anniversaries. Here is the Zoom link to join! She is inviting your reflections about: "Discussing the Dhamma at the right time: This is a blessing supreme." [Mangala Sutta]

How do we honor someone that has given us so, so much?

Recently Ayya has expressed great joy in the cultivation of monthly donations to the Dhammadharini Support Foundation (DD SF) and all that we, with Dhammadharini Support Foundation and our Bhikkhuni Sangha, have been able to accomplish with such generosity, large and small, near and far.

Please join me in offering a monthly donation to DD SF in honor of Ayya Sobhana!

Sign up for a monthly donation
Monthly donations of any size are an amazing way to help add stability to the lives of the monastics and planning activities of the support foundation. Monthly donations can be made to offer meals, the monastic 4 requisites, our monastery mortgage
or whatever is most needed.

We plan to surprise Ayya Sobhana on Tuesday December 12th during our Zoom program with the news of the cultivation of monthly gifts!

Other ways to celebrate:

Offer any item from our combined monastery & hermitage useful things list

Send Ayya Sobhana birthday wishes with a free e-card

We hope to see you on December 12th to celebrate our dear Venerable Bhikkhunī Ayyā Sobhana Therī!

With a grateful heart,
Paula Snow

Dhammadharini Support Foundation
Director of Development

P.S. Dhammadharini Monastery is a non-profit organization that only exists through the generosity of our community. If you have already made a tax-deductible contribution this year, on behalf of our whole community of supporters and participants, I offer deep bows of gratitude. If you have not given yet, please consider doing so today.

--

 our monastery
6791 Sturtevant Dr, Penngrove CA

 ☸ our hermitage
Mailing Address: PO Box 16, Jenner, CA 95450  USA
Voicemail or text: 707.583.9523