Saturday December 17th memorial to remember Diane Sherman, beloved Dhamma friend, warm welcome to join

閲覧: 7 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

❧ Dhammadharini Monastery

未読、
2022/12/17 1:01:382022/12/17
To: dhamma...@googlegroups.com
Dear Venerable Monastics and Dhamma Friends,

...Aniccā vata sankhārā...

Please join us on Saturday, December 17th, in-person at the monastery or online on Zoom, for a community memorial to remember our dear Dhamma friend Diane Sherman, who passed away one month ago on Nov 16th at the age of 80. We remember and bless Diane as a good friend, dedicated student and practitioner of the Early Buddhist teachings and those of modern Insight and Vipassana traditions' masters, and as a true kalyanamitta. Diane was encouraged to teach by her teachers, and many will remember her leading our Dhammadharini regular weekly programs online during our Dhammadharini three-month long winter retreats the past two years.

Diane memorial photo.png

Community memorial gathering at Dhammadharini Monastery on Saturday, December 17th, from 1:30 - 3:30pm.

 💐To join in person
For those attending in person, we plan to gather in our open air Sala pavilion, with heaters and warm drinks. Our time together will include Dhamma reflections and both Pali and English versions of the traditional Theravada funeral chanting from the monastics and all, and time for everyone to share stories and express our gratitude for Diane's friendship and Dhamma teaching. Feel free to bring photos. You are also most welcome to bring flowers, and coffee or tea, or cheese and chocolate or the like, to share for the community gathering afterwards. Please dress warmly.
As Covid levels rise again with winter, Dhammadharini remains committed to offering a safe environment for our monastic and lay community and friends. We ask everyone’s loving-kindness, generosity of heart, mindfulness and care in doing so. We ask all friends to wear masks and maintain social distance from those not in your family "pod." Thank you very much for your mettā and abhaya-dana in offering this gift of loving-kindness and safety to one another.

You are welcome to park mindfully in the monastery neighborhood - there is abundant street parking. The speed limit is 15 mph. No parking within 50 feet of a stop sign, or in front of a neighbor's driveway. Welcome to pull in front of the monastery entrance to briefly drop off people and things, but please don't park there. We look forward to seeing you, as we join together in celebrating the Dhamma life and passing of dear friend "Dhamma Diane".

 💐To join online
You are also welcome to join online by Zoom at the following link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81937821985?pwd=THl3bkhaYU5VSTdQaW5ka2l0SFl2UT09

Meeting ID: 819 3782 1985

Passcode: 350403

We warmly welcome and invite everyone who would like to (whether or not you are able to attend in person or online), to share your reflections, memories and blessings for Diane in this online guest book.

Diane asked that donations in her honor be made to Dhammadharini Support Foundation, for which we are deeply humbled and grateful. Information on how to do so can be found on the Support page  on the Dhammadharini website.

Please feel welcome to share this invitation with friends of Diane you may know.

With these thoughts of peace and kindness,
the Dhammadharini Community

--
Dhammadharini Monastery
6791 Sturtevant Dr., Penngrove CA 94951