Full Moon Jan 28th: Join us for Dhammadharini's Winter Retreat Uposatha Refuges & Precepts and Dhamma Talk Program (No. 2 of 6)

Friends of Dhammadharini

Jan 22, 2021, 5:34:11 PM1/22/21
to Dhammadharini Google Group post
Dear venerable monastics & Dhamma friends -

Amazing how much transformation and growth can happen in two weeks time!

Our Dhammadharini community is progressing in our NorCal winter rainy season retreat practice.

Dhammadharini on Retreat_Dhammadharini Monastery.jpg Lunar Cycle.jpg

On January 13th we experienced our first new moon of the retreat.

As we will be doing each new moon and each full moon Uposatha during the winter retreat, we offered a morning Zoom session with Ayya Sucitta for undertaking and renewal of Refuges & Precepts, and that night Ayya Tathaloka offered a program of meditation, Dhamma reflection, and Dhamma discussion

For those who were unable to join live, or if you'd like to watch something again, the evening program was recorded and is available to view on YouTube.

Now the moon is waxing towards full. We are moving into the bright half of the brightening fortnight. The coming Full Moon Uposatha is Thursday January 28th.

We warmly welcome friends, near and far, who wish to join in this coming full moon, and for all or as many as you can of the remaining five new and full moon Uposatha programs during this retreat time -- you may register here to receive more information about the program. It is possible to join by Zoom, and also the programs are being livestreamed on our YouTube channel

Even if you can't join this program live, you can still participate in your own way in solidarity with us and the millions of Buddhists around the world who are making a commitment to the moon days to support their personal growth in Dhamma.

If you are joining us in a practice commitment for the three months of this year's winter retreat time together, or you wish to--whether a commitment to ethics and moral awakening, to mindfulness and meditation, or to developing wisdom--you are warmly invited to share that dedication with us, if you haven't done so already. We will write your dedication in a Bodhi leaf placed on our Dedications tree in our monastery meditation hall, where the retreat time Dhamma teachings are being offered, and our monastic community unites in meditation together. It strengthens us all to know we are holding these dedications together. Email your dedication to our retreat managers at <dhammadharini.o...@gmail.com>.

We are deeply grateful for the contributions and support of all who have made and are making this winter rains retreat time possible, at a time when it feels so crucial to hold such dedication and do such work. May the blessings of this time be widely shared and felt by all of us.

With much appreciation,
~ from friends of Dhammadharini

P.S. To make an offering to the monastic community or to contribute to supporting the retreat time go to https://www.dhammadharini.net/support. What's helpful/needed? Offerings of parikara dana (sundry useful requisites supplies, s. pirikara, th. borikan) are always helpful and appreciated (see link). Also, a few days of the month* are still open for pledged offerings of lodgings dana in support of monastery mortgage & utilities (*3rd, 5th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 22nd, 27th) -- if you would feel happy and inspired to offer one day (reply to this email).

May you be well and happy!
--

 our monastery
Dhammadharini Sonoma Mountain Bhikkhuni Monastery

 ☸ our hermitage
Dhammadharini's Aranya Bodhi Awakening Forest Hermitage
Mailing Address: PO Box 16, Jenner, CA 95450  USA
Voicemail or text: 707.583.9523