Welcome > Join Dhammadharini for International Bhikkhuni Day, Saturday October 7th

❧ Dhammadharini Monastery

Sep 29, 2023, 12:26:32 PM9/29/23
to dhamma...@googlegroups.com
International Bhikkhuni Day IBD 2023 postcard.png

On Saturday October 7th, the Dhammadharini Bhikkhuni community plans to hold our yearly "International Bhikkhuni Day" and "Fourfold Sangha Day"  gathering commemorating the founding of the Buddha's Bhikkhuni Sangha.

gold swirl sm.png

Saturday October 7th

7 - 9:30pm Pacific Daylight Time (California time).

See below for more time zones, or check your time here

Pacific Daylight Time

Eastern Daylight Time

India & Sri Lanka

Thailand

Western Australia

New Zealand

Sat 10/7

7:00pm

Sat 10/7

10:00pm

Sun 10/8

7:30am

Sun 10/9

9:00am

Sun 10/9

10:00am

Sun 10/9

3:00pm

Register to join us

gold swirl sm.png

This year, we are celebrating the 25-year Anniversary of the reinstitution of Theravada Bhikkhuni Preceptors and Theravada Dual Ordination in Sri Lanka - a critical milestone in the modern re-establishment of the Theravada Bhikkhuni Sangha.

We also celebrate the incredible milestone that the Bhikkhuni Sangha & Fourfold Communities have now been reestablished in all three great ancient and still-living Vinaya lineages - with the  Mūlasarvāstivāda Bhiksuni Ordinations in Bhutan last year.

The Dhammadharini Bhikkhuni Sangha will gather, hosted by Ayya Sobhana Theri and Ven Kaccayana Bhikkhuni, to reflect on these milestones, the importance of having Bhikkhunis in our world, and the inspiration we have all received from Bhikkhunis both ancient and modern. There will be opportunity to hear from the members of the Dhammadharini community, as well as dialogue with those joining online - please feel welcome to ask questions!

We look forward to having you join us!

With metta,

the Dhammadharini Community

Register to join us

gold swirl sm.png

The Chathuri Senanayake & Dilshan Amarathunga family invites you to join together in supporting our Bhikkhuni Sangha Vassa this year. The traditional four requisites are food, lodgings, robes and medicine. You can support from near and far. You may offer a financial donation, useful requisites, or join in volunteer service. You may also offer groceries and a hot meal to the community, you may contact the monastery and we will put you in touch with our Dana Coordinator to learn more.

--
Dhammadharini Monastery
6791 Sturtevant Dr., Penngrove CA 94951