Join us Tuesday Nov 15th for a Dhamma Talk from Ayya Suvijjānā, on “Death Awareness: The Early Buddhist Teachings"

❧ Dhammadharini Monastery

Nov 14, 2022, 11:05:51 PM11/14/22
to dhamma...@googlegroups.com
Warm greetings Venerable monastics & Dhamma friends -

We invite you to join us Tuesday 11/15 for a Dhamma Talk from Ayya Suvijjana, on “Death Awareness: The Early Buddhist Teachings"

Ayya Svjj Death Awareness.png

The Dhammadharini community is delighted to welcome Ayya Suvijjana (Ven. Suvijjānā Therī) back from her visits to her bhikkhunī sisters at our related bhikkhunī monasteries in Sydney- and Perth-areas of Australia, and this just past Vassa with her ordination sister Ayya Adhimuttī at the new Dhammatiriya on New Zealand's North Island.

Ayya Suvijjana took up residency and training as an anāgārikā with Ayya Tathaloka in 2006, at the first temporary Dhammadharini Vihara in Fremont, and she was the first woman to receive Sāmanerī ordination with a bhikkhunī teacher (Ayya Tathālokā) with Dhammadharini in 2008. She received the full ordination as a bhikkhuni at Aranya Bodhi Hermitage, in the first Dual Bhikkhu-Bhikkhunī Sangha Upasampadā in North America with Ayya Tathālokā as preceptor in 2010. Ayya Suvijjana was a founding teacher for Dhammadharini’s current array of weekly Dhamma programs, as well as our Death Awareness month, which we are reviving this year, inspired by her post-Vassa return to us leading up to winter retreat.

The schedule for the evening will include (times in PST):

7:00 pm Guided Meditation

7:40 pm Dhamma Talk and a time for questions

8:25 pm Closing chant

Please find your local time:

Pacific Standard time: Tuesday Nov 15, 7:00pm

Eastern Standard time: Tuesday Nov 15, 9:00pm

UK: Wednesday Nov 16, 3:00am

India/Sri Lanka: Wednesday Nov 16, 8:30am

Thailand: Wednesday Nov 16, 10:00am

Or check your time zone here.

To receive the Zoom information, please register on our website, or you may watch the livestream on our YouTube channel.

This talk is part of our November Death Awareness Month programming, you may register on our website for the series.

Dhamma with Ayya Sobhana_Buddhist Insights_youtube.com:watch?v=rtYpMlkaiNk.png

We also have a bonus offering from Ayya Sobhana, as she departs Dhammadharini Monastery today for South Carolina, where she will spend one month at Carolina Buddhist Vihara, followed by a five month retreat back with us at the Aranya Bodhi Hermitage. Last week she gave a talk for Buddhist Insights, in which she spoke about examining the Girimananda Sutta in the light of death. This sutta is a powerful teaching for those who are close to death, or who know that they will die.

With metta,
The Dhammadharini Community
--
Dhammadharini Monastery