Ordinations tomorrow September 19th at Dhammadharini

❧ Aranya Bodhi Hermitage

Sep 19, 2021, 4:45:45 AM9/19/21
to dhamma...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dhamma friends,

After many joyful preparations, tomorrow we will be holding ordinations: Samaneri Pabbajja for one candidate & Bhikkhuni Upasampada for four candidates, on the auspicious occasion of the 2605th full moon anniversary of the founding of our Bhikkhuni Sangha -aka- International Bhikkhuni Day.

Candidates for ordination:
  • Samaneri Pabbajja (novice/lower ordination): Anagarika Thavira
  • Bhikkhuni Upasampada (full/higher ordination): Samaneri Brahmavara, Samaneri Anuvidita, Samaneri Tisaranee, Samanerin Kaccayana
The ceremony will be held at Aranya Bodhi forest hermitage. In consideration of COVID safety, only a few close friends and family attending in person.
We most warmly welcome all others to join us in watching the livestream!

The planned schedule for the day will be:
(Times in Pacific Daylight Time PDT, please see time zone converter to find your local time)
  • 1:00pm  Samaneri Pabbajja
  • 2:15pm  Bhikkhuni Upasampada
  • 4:00pm  Completion of ceremony
There will be two ways for friends & family to watch online:
Please note: We have limited capacity for Zoom participants. If you wish to have the opportunity to speak & greet others during the program, you are most welcome to join on Zoom. If you plan to watch the program without actively participating, we request that you watch on our YouTube channel.

Please also be patient with our somewhat unreliable satellite internet here at the hermitage! We will also be recording the program locally, and in case there are difficulties with the livestream, the recording will be available to watch later.

If you would like to join in supporting our monastic community & the ordination candidates, please see dhammadharini.net/support. A list of things which would be useful to the community may be found here. Thank you and anumodana for all of your support.

With mettā to all,
The Dhammadharini Community

--
Aranya Bodhi Awakening Forest Hermitage on the Sonoma Coast
the forest hermitage of our Dhammadharini monastic community