This Saturday 10/14, Uposatha Sila Daylong at Dhammadharini Monastery

Dhammadharini Monastery

Oct 12, 2023, 1:34:09 PM10/12/23
to Dhammadharini

Mirror 10:14.jpeg

“The Mirror of Dhamma:

Self-knowledge Effectively Engaging the Path”

Warm greetings dear Venerables and Dhamma friends,

This Saturday will be the third and final monthly daylong program in our series.  We will consider the training in right perceptions, the wonderful healing contemplations presented in the Girimānanda Sutta. The daylong is led by Ven. Bhikkhuni Sobhana Theri.

All are welcome to attend in person at the Dhammadharini Monastery or by zoom, for all or part of the day.

Uposatha, or the lunar observance day, is a traditional time for Buddhists to strengthen their practice by undertaking the eight precepts, offering almsfood to the monastics, listening to the Dhamma, and meditating. Invited by the Vassa & Kathina sponsors, Chathuri Senanayake & Dilshan Amarathunga family, Dhammadharini is offering three Uposatha Sila programs for Vassa 2023/2567, exploring the Buddha’s Teachings on “Reflection” (Paccavekkhana).

Info & Registration: dhammadharini.net/event-details/uposatha-sila-daylong