💐🙏Anicca vata sankhara... 💐🙏Remembering our beloved Dhamma friend Barbara Mahon (April 17, 1943 - January 13, 2023)

❧ Dhammadharini Monastery

Jan 15, 2023, 1:07:21 AM1/15/23
to dhamma...@googlegroups.com

Dear Venerable Monastics and Dhamma Friends,

...Aniccā vata sankhārā...

Everything is impermanent,

all that arises, will surely pass away...

Metta Blessings to a dear Dhamma friend

We learned yesterday of the passing of our dear Dhamma friend and faithful and engaged long-time member of our community Barbara Mahon, peacefully in her home, at the age of 79. Barbara has been a close friend of our community for many years, and one of our most dedicated participants in our programs. We have all been so delighted to have her presence - she dedicated herself to her practice with absolute sincerity, and was always quick to express her appreciation – she was a beautifully good example for all of us, and she has been a valuable Dhamma friend.

Barbara also very much enjoyed and benefited from her connection with the Bhikkhuni teachers of Aloka Vihara Forest Monastery, and she served as a volunteer at Spirit Rock; you can learn more about her journey with the Dhamma on her Spirit Rock volunteer profile here.

Tomorrow's Sunday programs, morning Meditation program and afternoon Sutta Study, in which Barbara so faithfully participated, will be dedicated to her, as well as our programs throughout this coming week.  You are warmly welcome to join online: Sunday Morning Guided Meditation & Questions (get link to join)
Every Sunday morning at 9:30am PST (Pacific/California time)

Sunday Afternoon Read & Discuss The Buddha's Teachings (get link to join)
Every Sunday afternoon at 1:00 pm PST (Pacific/California time)

If you would like to share a memory of Barbara or offer a Dhamma vignette or verse of chanting or a blessing, you are warmly welcomed to - we have created a virtual memorial book here.

Our Dhammadharini monastic community is currently transitioning into winter retreat. We intend to continue to remember and keep Barbara with us - dedicating our practice to her, and keeping her good example in our hearts. We invite you to join us.

Following winter retreat, in the spring, we are thinking of offering a 100-day memorial for Barbara for our whole community, when the weather is fine, out in our monastery meditation garden Sālā pavilion.

Honoring Barbara's life and passing,

with much metta,

-the Dhammadharini Community

--