Rejoicing in a Wonderful Kathina! ~ Sharing photos and Dhamma talks & how you can still join in

❧ Dhammadharini Monastery

Oct 30, 2022, 7:50:18 PM10/30/22
to dhamma...@googlegroups.com
Kathina email banner.png
Warm greetings dear Venerables & Dhamma Friends -

The Dhammadharini community is so glad that many of our venerables and friends were able to join - in person and online - for a wonderful Dhammadharini Bhikkhuni Sangha Kathina celebration on Saturday October 15th. It was a beautiful day, beginning at the crack of dawn with the offering of the robe cloth by our Kathina sponsors Sampunna Shari Gent and Upasamaya Shirley Kwok, and continuing through a full day of Dhamma sharing, sewing, generous offerings, and time connecting with Sangha and friends near and far.

Kathina pictures1.png

Ven. Ayya Sobhana Theri was selected by the Bhikkhuni Sangha to receive the Kathina cloth, which was sewn into an antaravasaka (patchwork lower robe) - finished by the afternoon and celebrated with a parade around our Dana Sala pavilion.

In addition to the members of the Dhammadharini community, we were joined by Ayya Santacitta and Ayya Anandabodhi of Aloka Vihara Forest Monastery (who shared Dhamma and also spoke about their upcoming plans), and Ayya Brahmavara who offered (from afar) an introduction to the day. As part of the afternoon program, all of the members of the monastic community offered brief Dhamma sharings on the Vassa teaching theme of "Stop the War" - you may watch these starting here on the video recording. Several monastic friends also offered video greetings: Ayya Sudhamma in North Carolina, Ayya Phalanyani in Germany, Ayya Adhimutti in New Zealand, Ayya Niyyanika currently visiting Empty Cloud in New Jersey, and Ven. Anuvidita in Germany. Ayya Sobhana announced the "spreading of the Kathina" and offered a Dhamma reflection afterwards.

Kathina pictures2.png

We have created a short slideshow with a selection of photos from the day (with many thanks to Chaturi & Dilshan and to Marlai for the great photos), as well as a playlist with all of the recordings from the program.

The 2022 Kathina Season continues for one more week -- thru November 7th -- up to the November full moon. For those who didn't have a chance yet, and still wish to make a Kathina offering during this time, welcome to see what remains on our Kathina Wish List, or other ways to support our community.

We rejoice in our wonderful community and in all your generosity, kindness and support.

With much metta and gratitude,
the Dhammadharini community

--
Dhammadharini Monastery