❤ Open Your Heart! Global Metta Meditation Program for Ajahn Brahm's 70th Birthday ❤ Welcome to Join In! (Jul 31st to Aug 7th)

Dhammadharini Sangha

Jul 31, 2021, 2:44:01 AM7/31/21
to Dhammadharini Google Group post
Dear Venerables and Dhamma friends,

Warm welcome to join us in offering this "gift of our practice" (patipatti pūjā) to Ajahn Brahm and to the whole world this coming week -

This lunar quarter, July 31st is a very special day: it's the lunar anniversary of the Buddha's teaching of the Anattalakkhana Sutta "The Discourse on Non Self" and the appearance of the Arahant Sangha in the world.

smoky-waning-crescent-moon-july-17-2017.jpg Anantalakkhana.jpg
quarter moon (amazingsky) | the Buddha teaching the Anattalakkhana Sutta to the first five bhikkhus (courtesy chandawimala blogspot)

We'll be offering Anagarika and Samaneri precepts on July 31st afternoon at Dhammadharini Monastery. Then in the evening, we'll be beginning our participation in the weeklong "Open Your Heart!" Global Mettā Retreat for Ajahn Brahm's 70th birthday. Welcome to join us from near and far (see below for how to do so).

July 31st night those of us who stay up, will also be watching the livestream of four Bhikkhunī ordinations at our sister monastery, Dhammasara, in Western Australia, outside of Perth (starting 11:30pm Pacific time!).

Ajahn Hāsapañña, Dhammasara Monastery's longtime abbot and one of the first group of four bhikkhunī ordained with Ayya Tathālokā as preceptor with the support of Ajahn Brahm twelve years ago in 2009, will herself be appointed as the first Dhammasara "homegrown" Bhikkhuni preceptor. Bhikkhunī teachers Ven. Munissarā and Ven. Pasādā, fully ordained at Dhammasara a year and half later, again with Ayya Tathālokā as preceptor, will serve as the bhikkhunī examiners and instructors, reciting the Sanghakamma for the Bhikkhunī Sangha. Four sāmanerīs are expected to be receiving full bhikkhunī ordination.

The next generation is rising up...the Dhamma wheel turning forward...

We hope you will feel happy to know this good news, and that you will join us in offering a week-long of Mettā as patipatti pūjā, the gift of our practice, for the blessing of our whole world, and to our kalyanamitta Ajahn Brahm for his big 70th birthday August 7th. Starting August 1st (July 31st night time California time). Info below -

Much mettā!
~ from our Dhammadharini Sangha

P.S. We'll share the Dhammasara Bhikkhuni Ordination video and photos from the Anagarika and Samaneri Precepts at Dhammadharini Monastery - hopefully soon!

Ajahn Brahms BIG 70th!.png

Greetings from Perth
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Celebrating Ajahn Brahm’s 70th Birthday with Practice Offering

This is an open invitation to all practising meditators with reverence and respect for Ajahn Brahm as a spiritual guide.
Please join us in a coordinated metta meditation to practice the noble path and invoke blessings on Ajahn Brahm to mark his 70th Birthday.

Details of the program are found in the websites below.
Metta meditation guidance is conducted by various Bhikkhu and Bhikkhuni disciples of Ajahn Brahm.
They will be streamed 8 times a day over 6 days from Sunday, 1 to Friday, 6 August 2021. Participants can choose the sessions they wish to attend.

General Information:

Link to Guided Meditation sessions:

Promotional Trailer
The background chanting is from a recording by Bhante Indaratana of Santussako Hermitage.

Specific information for International Participants:

Further inquiries:

safe_image.jpg

--

Dhammadharini

 our monastery
6791 Sturtevant Dr, Penngrove CA
 94951 USA
Phone or text: 707.583.9522

 ☸ our hermitage
Mailing Address: PO Box 16, Jenner, CA 95450  USA
Voicemail or text: 707.583.9523