Monitoring hits with the Log File

DGCSC XML Price Service

Mar 29, 2012, 7:38:11 PM3/29/12
to dgcsc-xml-...@googlegroups.com
> I have just noticed that every 2 minutes I consume 5 hits instead of
> 4. I double checked my scripts and they call 4 different URLs every 2
> minutes. Not sure where the extra hit is coming from. Could you please
> check...

Please examine your log file at
<https://xml.dgcsc.org/Logs/[your password].txt>

There you will see you are getting 4 hits almost at the same time,
then one hit a minute later, then 4 hits again 2 minutes after the
first 4, then one a minute later again... and so on. All the hits are
coming from the same IP address.

Certainly it seems you have a script running that you have forgotten
about or are unaware of.

I suggest you set the user-agent  code for each script slightly
different (currently all are showing "LWP::Simple/5.827
libwww-perl/5.834"). No doubt Perl will allow you to set a custom user
agent for each call, allowing you to identify the culprit.