[DG-NSTIC] NSTIC DG - Identify and Recommend Kantara position approach to NSTIC Steering Group

Joni Brennan

Apr 23, 2012, 5:49:56 PM4/23/12
to dg-nstic
Hello NSTIC DG,

When we last met KI NSTIC DG was preparing the KI response to the NSTIC Governance NOI.  Now we are well aware of the further recommendations which have come out of the NOI responses.  Secretariat organizations have submitted their grant proposals and we will soon know who has been chosen to be the NSTIC Steering Group secretariat.  With those details moving forward I would like to ask NSTIC DG to re-activate for 2 purposes.

1. To clearly identify and recommend how Kantara Initiative seeks to interact with the NSTIC Steering Group Organization.
2. To queue up agenda items and Kantara documents (works) as input to the NSTIC plenary.
Suggested Due Date: Week 2 May

The goal is to have an NSTIC DG deliverable which identifies and recommends the above.  I believe we're talking about a short report here with an appendix of possible input works and their context. The LC and Board of Trustees should review the final report and once complete Kantara would submit the report, agenda and suggested input to the NSTIC Steering Group Organization.

The previous convener for the group was Richard Wilsher.  Richard are you still in a position to convene?  We will need a champion to lead this effort with input from the group.  Perhaps we could target a date/time next week as a first meeting opportunity to discuss?

Who with in the group would like to 'sign-on' to contribute to what will be a integral link to position Kantara in the NSTIC developing landscape?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

=Joni

Joni Brennan
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
voice:+1 732-226-4223
email: joni @ ieee-isto.org

YouTube: Kantara Initiative - The Bridge to Assurance Communities
http://youtu.be/AHFqMUe04lQ

Joni Brennan

Apr 24, 2012, 11:00:48 AM4/24/12
to McDowell, Brett, dg-nstic, Adams, Trent
Thanks Brett, Farhang and Trent,

We understand that editorial commitment may not be possible but additional discussion, feedback and input are certainly welcome.

I have a few other messages regarding participation (and levels there of) for this effort which I will work to pull together over the next day or so.

Again the goal is a short recommendation paper with an annex of direct Kantara stakeholder works for consideration by the NSTIC plenary.

We'll need to get moving soon to be able to hit a mid May target for completion.  So, with that, thanks for putting the PayPal names in the hat with basic scope of participation understood.

PS - This group is open to participation by all.  The only step needed to take is to sign up here:
http://signup.kantarainitiative.org/?selectedGroup=30

Best Regards,

=Joni

Joni Brennan
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
voice:+1 732-226-4223
email: joni @ ieee-isto.org

YouTube: Kantara Initiative - The Bridge to Assurance Communities
http://youtu.be/AHFqMUe04lQ

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:42 AM, McDowell, Brett <bmcd...@paypal.com> wrote:

Joni,

Trent and I are re-engaging the NSTIC effort on behalf of PayPal and collaborating with our colleague Farhang Kassaei from X.Commerce (the eBay Inc. subsidiary operating the PayPal Access IDP).  I’m not sure how much drafting we’ll be able to commit but at least Trent and I would be keen to participate in any phone discussions.

PS

Given our aggressive anti-phishing policies, subscribers of this list who have Gmail, Yahoo, or HotMail accounts will likely not receive any messages Trent or I post to the list because mailing lists break DKIM signatures and therefore our messages will appear to be phishing attacks to those companies honoring our anti-phishing policies (for more see www.dmarc.org).  If this becomes an issue Trent and I can migrate to using un-protected domains (like @gmail.com).

Brett McDowell

Sr. Manager, Customer Security Initiatives

Mobile: 408-666-8926

Skype: myidiym

2211 N. First Street, San Jose, CA 95131