[DG-NSTIC] Final documents

Richard G. WILSHER @Zygma

Jul 18, 2011, 4:30:08 PM7/18/11
to dg-nstic

Folks,

Attached is the final DoC, for the record.  I’ve not burdened you with any of the interim editorial docs, but you are welcome to them by request.  Joni has the final doc and I expect her to copy the DG when she formally submits it.

Thanks for your input, patience and magnificent turnout and endurance today.

Onwards,

Richard G. WILSHER
CEO, Zygma LLC
O:  +1 714 965 99 42
M: +1 714 797 99 42

www.Zygma.biz

KI NSTIC NOI#1 2011-07 v 0.1.0_DoC Final.docx

McDowell, Brett

Jul 18, 2011, 4:37:50 PM7/18/11
to Richard G. WILSHER @Zygma, dg-nstic
Given we won't see the final document until it's submitted (if I understood you) then perhaps the names of participants who were not able to join today's call (like myself) should be removed from the final page of the document. I only suggest this because the last page claims the response is a consensus of everyone listed, and I wasn't able to join the call to participate in the final decisions. This request should not be interpreted as an objection to any of the content.

--Brett

Folks,

Onwards,

www.Zygma.biz<http://www.Zygma.biz/>

<KI NSTIC NOI#1 2011-07 v 0.1.0_DoC Final.docx>_______________________________________________
DG-NSTIC mailing list
DG-N...@kantarainitiative.org<mailto:DG-N...@kantarainitiative.org>

Richard G. WILSHER @Zygma

Jul 18, 2011, 6:19:00 PM7/18/11
to dg-nstic
Brett et al.,

Brett is correct in that the plan was to not distribute the final response
until after the LC had blessed it (which I understand to be a formality),
but there is nothing Machiavellian or nefarious in that plan - just wanted
to be sure that you knew when it had been formally submitted and not blast
you with two copies.

There are no names on the final page - I don't think there ever have been.
We did at one point have a list of *all* members of the DG on pg.3 ('final
page of the intro'?). This has been revised the doc as intended for
submission states as follows:

Those Participants of the Kantara Initiative’s NSTIC Discussion Group which
contributed to the preparation of this NOI Response are listed below. A
complete listing of all KI NDG Participants can be found at:
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/x/0gDWAg

Contributor Affiliation Rôle Country

BRENNAN, Joni Kantara Initiative Executive Directrice US
COMBS, Dan eCitizen Foundation CEO US
D'AGOSTINO, Sal IDmachines LLC CEO US
FRAZIER-McELVEEN, Myisha Truestone IdM Practice Manager US
FURR, Richard SAFE-BioPharma Assn US
GARDINER, Matthew CA Technologies US
GREENWOOD, Dazza eCitizen Foundation Executive Director US
HILL, Helen HIMSS and SEMHIE US
LIZAR, Mark Identity Trust CIC Executive Director UK
McDOWELL, Brett PayPal US
PINHEIRO, Bob Pinheiro Consulting LLC US
SIMMONDS, Paul US
SMEDINGHOFF, Tom Wildman Harrold US
SOUTAR, Colin CSC Director, Identity & Privacy Assurance CA
TOPPER, Matt UberEther, Inc. President US
TULL, Laurie Equifax Policy Manager, Identity Management US
WALLIS, Colin NZ Government Internal Affairs Dept. NZ
WASLEY, David L. Internet2/InCommon Consultant US
WILSHER, Richard G. Zygma LLC CEO US
(KI NDG Chairman and Response Editor)
WILSON, Ben DigiCert, Inc. US
WILSON, Stephen Lockstep Technologies AU
WINN, Jane University of Washington US

Note - it says 'contributed to', not 'approved by', although I can see the
ease with which an inference may be drawn. We could have a reduced list but
I think to have to re-word to state 'a list of some of those who
contributed' looks pretty pathetic and non-committal. Personally, I don't
think that we want to list only those who participated in today's call, or
even who were present when we took the vote on the final text - much
valuable content has been provided by others along the way whom I think
deserve recognition. I'd rather go back to just the link to a list of
members of the DG.

Whatever solution, it needs to be a quick fix - neither I nor Joni have much
time in which to finesse the wording of the response.

Richard G. WILSHER
CEO, Zygma LLC
O: +1 714 965 99 42
M: +1 714 797 99 42
www.Zygma.biz

McDowell, Brett

Jul 18, 2011, 7:05:28 PM7/18/11
to Richard G. WILSHER @Zygma, dg-nstic
The easiest solution would be to remove my name or the reference to "consensus" which was in the version I reviewed.