[DG-NSTIC] Request from Kantara Leadership Council...

Colin Soutar

Jun 6, 2012, 10:46:40 AM6/6/12
to dg-n...@kantarainitiative.org, l...@kantarainitiative.org

Hi –

As a result of a conversation on the Kantara Leadership Council call last week, the question arose regarding this Discussion Group’s thoughts on potential roles for Kantara (as an organization) within the NSTIC Steering Group.

As many of you are aware, the Steering Group will comprise two levels: the Plenary, which includes working groups and committees; and the Management Council, which comprises Officers, delegates from stakeholder groups, and “at large” delegates.   It would seem that several of the Plenary working groups and committees will be aligned with current Kantara Work Groups, and there is clearly a lot of interest from Kantara members to participate in some capacity, either via Kantara or through their respective organizations.  Does anyone have any thoughts regarding a potential Kantara organizational role within the NSTIC Steering Group, as it is currently contemplated.

Thanks and best regards,

Colin

Colin Soutar

Co-Chair, Kantara Privacy and Public Policy Work Group

em...@colinsoutar.com

416 358 1431

Joni Brennan

Jun 6, 2012, 11:14:23 AM6/6/12
to Colin Soutar, l...@kantarainitiative.org, dg-n...@kantarainitiative.org
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the note. I am drafting up a paper right now.  I expect to get this first draft to the NSTIC DG / LC today.  But this will only be a first draft - so I fully expect that each chair / group will have some of their own input / edits to incorporate.

One theme that is being incorporated comes right from the original full strategy paper - which is - NSTIC only seeks to act where there are no solutions currently present.  I take this to mean some thing like "do no harm" == don't disrupt the already active programs and solutions with in the current ID Ecosystems.

Another point of note is: work is still necessary to put the bylaws in to fair operational shape.  There are some clear gaps in the suggested  bylaws and with the planned operations to form the Steering Group.

Finally, I'm working to map each of the groups to the proposed standing committees and activities.  I look forward to group participation to take my rough draft to a complete 'state'.

Best Regards,

=Joni

Joni Brennan
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
voice:+1 732-226-4223
email: joni @ ieee-isto.org

Slideshare - Building Trusted Identity Ecosystems - It takes a village!
http://www.slideshare.net/kantarainitiative/kantara-may-2012