ADSL True Speed Test

Tazmologist

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99
All-

Having just had my ADSL line installed, I was wondering if there was a test
that would show me if I'm really getting all the bandwidth I'm paying for.
Any input would be appreciated...

Tazmologist

Ronald P. Hunter

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99

Call your ISP and ask if they have a large file you can download via ftp from
their server, and time the download. That should tell the story.

--
Ron Hunter rphu...@home.com

Gary R. Early

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99
In article <JTqI3.25626$d71.7...@news4.giganews.com>, "Tazmologist"
<tazmo...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> All-
>
> Having just had my ADSL line installed, I was wondering if there was a test
> that would show me if I'm really getting all the bandwidth I'm paying for.
> Any input would be appreciated...
>
> Tazmologist

Go to www.computingcentral.com/topics/bandwidth and check out their speed test.

Zen

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
although the below suggestion is the best test... here are some
alternatives that you could try... (it has been discussed at length in
other threads that these results can be suspect)

http://www.speedguide.net/Cable_modems/cable_links.shtml

go down to "Testing your connection..."
there are about 8 sites...

-Zen

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:31:35 GMT, "Ronald P. Hunter"
<rphu...@home.com> wrote:

>Tazmologist wrote:
>>
>> All-
>>
>> Having just had my ADSL line installed, I was wondering if there was a test
>> that would show me if I'm really getting all the bandwidth I'm paying for.
>> Any input would be appreciated...
>>
>> Tazmologist

Satori

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:13:10 -0500, "Tazmologist"
<tazmo...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

I'd also suggest tweaking your connection with the MTU registry
patches at the following address:

http://www.speedguide.net/Cable_modems/cable_patches.shtml

t made a *significant* difference in my connect speed after applying
it.

haze...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2013, 11:22:43 AM10/2/13
test ADSL : http://www.test-cam.com/speedtest/speed-test.html
(upload speed) or received (download speed