Man accidentally kills himself after bullet he fired at a woman bounced back and struck him

zinn

Aug 2, 2022, 3:07:00 AM8/2/22
A Texas man accidentally killed himself after a bullet he fired at a woman
rebounded after exiting her body and struck him in the leg.

Authorities discovered massive amounts of blood splattered and a trail in
front of an apartment they were called to Saturday morning around 11.39am.
The apartment was located in the 2200 block of Medical District, the
Dallas Police Department said.

As police investigated the bloody scene, they found no one inside or
around the apartment.

A second call came in to authorities that a man and woman were found in a
car outside a nearby hospital with gunshot wounds.

Dallas Police Dept
@DallasPD
·
Follow
The preliminary investigation determined at the apartment, the male, Byron
Redmon, 26, shot the adult female victim in the neck. The bullet then
exited and hit Redmon in the leg. Redmon died at the hospital.
The investigation is ongoing under case number 137373-2022
Dallas Police Dept
@DallasPD
On July 30, 2022, at approximately 11:39 am, Dallas Police responded to a
shooting call in the 2200 block of Medical District.
When officers arrived they could see a large amount of blood and a blood
trail in front of an apartment. No one was located inside the apartment.

Investigators say that the man, Byron Redmon, 26, shot the woman in the
neck. That bullet then exited her body, miraculously rebounding before
hitting him in the leg. Redmon died at the hospital that day, according to
WFAA.

The woman, who has not been publicly identified, was treated and released
the same day.

The preliminary investigation is still underway, police said. It’s unclear
what led to the shooting and whether Redmon and the woman knew each other
beforehand.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/01/man-accidentally-kills-himself-after-
bullet-he-fired-at-woman-rebounds-17108512/?ico=related-posts

Blue Lives Matter

Aug 2, 2022, 8:26:47 AM8/2/22
On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 06:28:54 -0500, super70s
<supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>In article <XnsAEE713...@0.0.0.2>, zinn <zi...@reno.us> wrote:
>
>> A Texas man accidentally killed himself after a bullet he fired at a woman
>> rebounded after exiting her body and struck him in the leg.
>>

>> The preliminary investigation determined at the apartment, the male, Byron
>> Redmon, 26, shot the adult female victim in the neck. The bullet then
>> exited and hit Redmon in the leg. Redmon died at the hospital.
>
>This one's bound to make the NRA newsletter to show how neat guns are.

Stupid people and guns can be problamatic. It's good that you are not
permitted to have one.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Aug 2, 2022, 9:16:34 AM8/2/22
On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 06:28:54 -0500, super70s
<supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>In article <XnsAEE713...@0.0.0.2>, zinn <zi...@reno.us> wrote:
>
>> A Texas man accidentally killed himself after a bullet he fired at a woman
>> rebounded after exiting her body and struck him in the leg.
>>

>> The preliminary investigation determined at the apartment, the male, Byron
>> Redmon, 26, shot the adult female victim in the neck. The bullet then
>> exited and hit Redmon in the leg. Redmon died at the hospital.
>
>This one's bound to make the NRA newsletter to show how neat guns are.

That's why I don't wear a seat belt. I was talking to the mail man the
other day, and he said a gal his mother-in-law works with has a cousin
whose nephew knew a guy in the Army and his brother went to school
with a girl whose Dad ran into a guy at the Kroger's cash register
that just read about a fellow that got into an accident and went
through a cinder block retaining wall and into someone's pool upside
down. They tried to get him out but the homeowner bred Rottweilers so
nobody could get close to him so he drowned.

True story.

Siri Cruise

Aug 2, 2022, 12:59:23 PM8/2/22
In article
<super70s-46E613...@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> In article <XnsAEE713...@0.0.0.2>, zinn <zi...@reno.us> wrote:
>
> > A Texas man accidentally killed himself after a bullet he fired at a woman
> > rebounded after exiting her body and struck him in the leg.
> >

> > The preliminary investigation determined at the apartment, the male, Byron
> > Redmon, 26, shot the adult female victim in the neck. The bullet then
> > exited and hit Redmon in the leg. Redmon died at the hospital.
>
> This one's bound to make the NRA newsletter to show how neat guns are.

After all a good man with a gun did stop a bad man with a gun.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Marco Moock

Aug 2, 2022, 2:28:39 PM8/2/22
Am Dienstag, 02. August 2022, um 07:07:00 Uhr schrieb zinn:

> A Texas man accidentally killed himself after a bullet he fired at a
> woman rebounded after exiting her body and struck him in the leg.

That remembers me of that:
https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/04/us/armadillo-bullet-story-twitter-trnd/index.html

Somebody shoot on an armadillo and it went back to the shooter.

Onomatopoeia *BOOM*!

Aug 2, 2022, 3:46:25 PM8/2/22
On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 07:07:00 -0000 (UTC), in talk.politics.guns zinn
<zi...@reno.us> wrote:

>A Texas man accidentally killed himself after a bullet he fired at a woman
>rebounded after exiting her body and struck him in the leg.
[...]
>https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/01/man-accidentally-kills-himself-after-
>bullet-he-fired-at-woman-rebounds-17108512/?ico=related-posts

It would be better to cite a local Dallas source:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2022/07/31/man-fatally-shoots-himself-injures-woman-in-dallas-medical-district-police-say/

Onomatopoeia *BOOM*!

Aug 2, 2022, 3:58:20 PM8/2/22
On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 06:28:54 -0500, in talk.politics.guns super70s
<supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>In article <XnsAEE713...@0.0.0.2>, zinn <zi...@reno.us> wrote:
>
>> A Texas man accidentally killed himself after a bullet he fired at a woman
>> rebounded after exiting her body and struck him in the leg.
>>

>> The preliminary investigation determined at the apartment, the male, Byron
>> Redmon, 26, shot the adult female victim in the neck. The bullet then
>> exited and hit Redmon in the leg. Redmon died at the hospital.
>
>This one's bound to make the NRA newsletter to show how neat guns are.

A bullet will not *usually* reverse its direction on impact. It *can*
do so, of course; however, it generally loses virtually all its
momentum. Most likely, the two were in a physical altercation and his
leg somehow ended up in the bullet's path.

I say this applying Occam's Razor, and not any personal knowledge of
the event.

There was a case once (1971 or so) at Ft. Dix, NJ, where a trainee was
on the bayonet course, stabbed a hard rubber bayonet target, and his
M-14 discharged... the bullet bounced back and severely injured the
trainee.

Obviously, there should not have been a round in the chamber.

BeamMeUpScotty

Aug 3, 2022, 9:15:38 AM8/3/22
Sounds like murder is a danger to human life... or maybe it's just
"stupid" that's a danger to all human life?

But if we pass a law against "stupid", almost all Democrats will be
violating the law.

--
-That's karma-

The result is DEMOCRATS lies about history and reality to themselves and
others means their attempts to figure-out what's wrong is an exercise in
futility, because what they think they know they really don't know, and
fixing problems without the truth... becomes a fools errand.