Chicken Fried Steak

Heather Montpas

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
My husband and I love chicken fried steak. Problem is everybody's is so
different. So far our favorite is at a little restaurant called Tony's
in Plano. We've tried it several other places and none are as good. I
was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and where
are some places that make good ones. Thanks.

Doug

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
Po' Melvin's in Irving (Beltline near Walnut Hill) has good CFS. They are
also one of the few places to get CF Pork Chops!! The food has a very good
home cooking flavor, one of my favorites!!

--
*** REMOVE THE SPAM FILTER WHEN REPLYING ***

"Heather Montpas" <mon...@dhc.net> wrote in message

dirlnk

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
Good Eats has a very god one. They've won contests with it before.

Rusty Burlingame

Jan 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/30/00
In article
<F4D8D54ABC309658.82A769EE...@lp.airnews.net>,
mon...@dhc.net writes...

> My husband and I love chicken fried steak. Problem is everybody's is so
> different. So far our favorite is at a little restaurant called Tony's
> in Plano. We've tried it several other places and none are as good. I
> was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and where
> are some places that make good ones. Thanks.

The Reata in Fort Worth has a really great, covers-your-plate
CFS. It's walking distance from The Worthington and Sundance
Square.
--
Rusty Burlingame
nsburl...@worldnet.att.net - This email address is a real

Looney

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
Actually, Mac's on 75, has the best CFS around, IMHO.

GJonZer

Jan 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/31/00
>was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and where
>are some places that make good ones.

If going to a chain restaurant is not beneath you, try Chili's. They claim to
be hand battered and they appear/taste to be so. They're quite yummy IMO but
my arteries can only handle one a month.

Jerry Davis

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
I second Reata. I order the CFS (really chicken fried ribeye) nearly every
time we go there. For out of towners, Reata is on the 35th floor of the
BankOne building in downtown Ft. Worth. The have valet parking, good food,
good views through the floor to ceiling windows. Good wine list, but pricey,
we usually do beers or mixed drinks. They do set a table in the kitchen so you
can watch the chaos, if you like that kind of thing.

Rusty Burlingame wrote:

> > My husband and I love chicken fried steak. Problem is everybody's is so
> > different. So far our favorite is at a little restaurant called Tony's

> > in Plano. We've tried it several other places and none are as good. I

> > was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and where

Ron Parsons

Feb 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/1/00
In article
mon...@dhc.net wrote:

>My husband and I love chicken fried steak. Problem is everybody's is so
>different. So far our favorite is at a little restaurant called Tony's
>in Plano. We've tried it several other places and none are as good. I
>was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and where
>are some places that make good ones. Thanks

Since you are in Plano, try Poor Richards. Breakfast and lunch only.
Park & K.

--
Ron

Earl N. Drake, Sr.

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
I was pleasantly surprised to get a great chicken fried steak at
Cotton Patch Restaurant on Hwy 121 between Grapevine and Bedford.
It was large, as large as the plate, the gravy was good and plentiful.
It needed pepper and salt which pleased my wife.

I understand they are a chain, but this is the only one I have seen.

Earl N. Drake, Sr.
Bedford, Texas

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:25:52 -0600, Heather Montpas <mon...@dhc.net>
wrote:

>My husband and I love chicken fried steak. Problem is everybody's is so
>different. So far our favorite is at a little restaurant called Tony's
>in Plano. We've tried it several other places and none are as good. I
>was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and where

>are some places that make good ones. Thanks.

D Buchanan

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
There is one in Lewisville close to Vista Ridge mall on the west side

Jeff Edwards

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
Earl N. Drake, Sr. <edr...@iadfw.net> wrote in message

> I was pleasantly surprised to get a great chicken fried steak at
> Cotton Patch Restaurant on Hwy 121 between Grapevine and Bedford.
> It was large, as large as the plate, the gravy was good and plentiful.
> It needed pepper and salt which pleased my wife.
>
> I understand they are a chain, but this is the only one I have seen.

From a brochure in the restaurant, it appears that their operating model is
to put the new locations primarily in smaller towns. I think most of them
were in places like Lufkin, Dennison, etc.

--
Jeff Edwards
para...@airmail.net

Bob Dover

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
Earl N. Drake, Sr. wrote:

> I was pleasantly surprised to get a great chicken fried steak at
> Cotton Patch Restaurant on Hwy 121 between Grapevine and Bedford.
> It was large, as large as the plate, the gravy was good and plentiful.
> It needed pepper and salt which pleased my wife.
>
> I understand they are a chain, but this is the only one I have seen.

Yep, they are also located in Lewisville, Duncanville, and Abilene.
Wish they'd build one in N. Dallas...

Try their Chicken Fried Chicken. Its wonderful!
--

+--------------------------------------+----------------------------+
| Bob Dover (do...@nortelnetworks.com) | My opinions, nothing more. |

Gordon McDougall

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
In the words of the immortal Dan Cook, San Antonio sportscasting legend, "If
you can cut it with a fork, it ain't CFS."

--
Gordon and Jill
If we can't be in Key West, then we're glad we are in Texas

"Jerry Davis" <jjda...@flash.net> wrote in message

> I second Reata. I order the CFS (really chicken fried ribeye) nearly every
> time we go there. For out of towners, Reata is on the 35th floor of the
> BankOne building in downtown Ft. Worth. The have valet parking, good food,
> good views through the floor to ceiling windows. Good wine list, but
pricey,
> we usually do beers or mixed drinks. They do set a table in the kitchen so
you
> can watch the chaos, if you like that kind of thing.
>
> Rusty Burlingame wrote:
>

> > In article
> > <F4D8D54ABC309658.82A769EE...@lp.airnews.net>,
> > mon...@dhc.net writes...

> > > My husband and I love chicken fried steak. Problem is everybody's is
so
> > > different. So far our favorite is at a little restaurant called
Tony's
> > > in Plano. We've tried it several other places and none are as good.
> > > was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and
where
> > > are some places that make good ones. Thanks.

J G DeBerry

Feb 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/4/00

Heather Montpas wrote:

> My husband and I love chicken fried steak. Problem is everybody's is so
> different. So far our favorite is at a little restaurant called Tony's
> in Plano. We've tried it several other places and none are as good. I
> was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and where
> are some places that make good ones. Thanks.

In addition to having about the best barbecue in the Dallas area
the place in Tioga whose name escapes me at the moment also
has one of the best chicken fried steaks. I am sure someone on
here can give the name of the place but just now I can't remember it.
But it's about the only place in Tioga so it shouldn't be hard to find even
if you don't have the name.

JdB

Thurman

Feb 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/4/00

"J G DeBerry" <jde...@airmail.net> wrote in message

> In addition to having about the best barbecue in the Dallas area
> the place in Tioga whose name escapes me at the moment also
> has one of the best chicken fried steaks. I am sure someone on
> here can give the name of the place but just now I can't remember it.

Clarks Outpost Bar B Q
Highway 377, Tioga, TX 76271
(940) 437-2414

Jeff Newman

Feb 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/5/00
And 2-for-1 on Tuesday evenings.

In article <223l4.6430$iE5.7...@news4.usenetserver.com>, "dirlnk"
<nob...@null.net> wrote:

> Good Eats has a very god one. They've won contests with it before.
>

> Heather Montpas <mon...@dhc.net> wrote in message

> > My husband and I love chicken fried steak. Problem is everybody's is so
> > different. So far our favorite is at a little restaurant called Tony's
> > in Plano. We've tried it several other places and none are as good. I
> > was wondering if anyone else was a fan of chicken fried steak and where
> > are some places that make good ones. Thanks.

--
Jeff Newman <new...@longview.net>
The White Oak (Texas) Independent

Bruce & Nancy Norris