Veggie Burgers

Steve Silberberg

Oct 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/13/95
I know I posted this a few months ago, but anyone know where to get Veggie
Burgers in Dallas? (Not just lettuce & tomato on a bun)

Here are some of the ones I know about
H & M ($3.99)
EZ's ($3.95)
Friday's ($5.99)
Whole Foods ($10,000,000.99)
Houston's (???)
Hunky's Burger's (I'm going to try them today)

----------------
Steve Silberberg
ste...@onramp.net
http://rampages.onramp.net/~stevebo/

Rob Freyder

Oct 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/15/95
ste...@onramp.net (Steve Silberberg) wrote:

>I know I posted this a few months ago, but anyone know where to get Veggie
>Burgers in Dallas? (Not just lettuce & tomato on a bun)

No kidding? What ingredients make up the burger part?
Soy product of some sort?

>Here are some of the ones I know about
>H & M ($3.99)
>EZ's ($3.95)
>Friday's ($5.99)
>Whole Foods ($10,000,000.99)
>Houston's (???)
>Hunky's Burger's (I'm going to try them today)

>----------------
>Steve Silberberg
>ste...@onramp.net
>http://rampages.onramp.net/~stevebo/

Rob Freyder
fre...@airmail.net

Steve Silberberg

Oct 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/16/95
In article <45r6j2$q...@news.iadfw.net>,

fre...@airmail.net (Rob Freyder) wrote:
>ste...@onramp.net (Steve Silberberg) wrote:
>
>>I know I posted this a few months ago, but anyone know where to get Veggie
>>Burgers in Dallas? (Not just lettuce & tomato on a bun)

>No kidding? What ingredients make up the burger part?
>Soy product of some sort?

I'm not sure (hell, I'm not sure what's in McDonald's either!)
I've heard of using either a tofu (soybeans) or wheat base, but
a lot of places have "garden" burgers, so you can see actual
mushroom or carrot bits in the patties.

Most actually taste pretty good, though admittedly not as good
as a Snuffers greaseburger.

rcl

Oct 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/16/95
Believe it or not the best I have found in Dallas is at Planet
Hollywood.
If you want to make them yourself try Green Giant from any of the
grocery stores.
Also Hormel has a great Vegaterian Chili (got mine at SAM's)

Roy Lewis
ste...@onramp.net (Steve Silberberg) wrote:

>I know I posted this a few months ago, but anyone know where to get Veggie
>Burgers in Dallas? (Not just lettuce & tomato on a bun)

>Here are some of the ones I know about

>H & M ($3.99)
>EZ's ($3.95)
>Friday's ($5.99)
>Whole Foods ($10,000,000.99)
>Houston's (???)
>Hunky's Burger's (I'm going to try them today)

>----------------

Rebecca McGowan

Oct 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/16/95
Steve Silberberg, ste...@onramp.net writes:
>>>I know I posted this a few months ago, but anyone know where to get Veggie
>>>Burgers in Dallas? (Not just lettuce & tomato on a bun)

I know this newsgroup is about restaurants, but I wanted to say
that some good Veggie burger patties are available at Sam's
(wholesale club). I think they are mostly grain and vegetables.

Rebecca

Saleh W. Igal

Oct 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/17/95
ste...@onramp.net (Steve Silberberg) wrote:

>I know I posted this a few months ago, but anyone know where to get Veggie
>Burgers in Dallas? (Not just lettuce & tomato on a bun)

>Here are some of the ones I know about

>H & M ($3.99)
>EZ's ($3.95)
>Friday's ($5.99)
>Whole Foods ($10,000,000.99)
>Houston's (???)
>Hunky's Burger's (I'm going to try them today)

Add Eight.0 to the list. Their tempeh burgers are good, though the
whole-wheat buns tend to be dry -- get the regular buns for a better
burger.

John Fitzgerald

Oct 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/20/95
In article <45v5nc$9...@news.onramp.net>, sa...@onramp.net (Saleh W. Igal) says:

>ste...@onramp.net (Steve Silberberg) wrote:
Why ask why;
try a spinach salad instead>

Elaine H. Mohrle

Nov 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/7/95
In article <45udi2$8...@news.iadfw.net>,
Rebecca McGowan <reb...@iadfw.net> wrote:

>I know this newsgroup is about restaurants, but I wanted to say
>that some good Veggie burger patties are available at Sam's
>(wholesale club). I think they are mostly grain and vegetables.
>
>Rebecca

the ones at sam's are the restaurant size of the gardenburgers
at whole foods. i don't know why the original poster implied
that they were prohibitively expensive -- the first box of
four that my husband and i tried was only $2.99 and they were
delightful. the gardenburger brand contains mushrooms, grain,
onions and a little cheddar. try them at home on some of
whole foods onion rolls with red leaf lettuce and purple onions.
oh, and a little 3 year canadian cheddar sliced thick!

yum!!!!

Page Perryman

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95

>yum!!!!

The TGIFriday's in Ft. Worth have Veggie Burgers, but I think the ones
you get at sam's, and cook yourself are a lot better.

Page

Steve Silberberg

Nov 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/9/95
In article <47o7na$s...@fohnix.metronet.com>,

mag...@fohnix.metronet.com (Elaine H. Mohrle) wrote:

-- Veggie Burger discussion --

>at whole foods. i don't know why the original poster implied
>that they were prohibitively expensive -- the first box of
>four that my husband and i tried was only $2.99 and they were
>delightful.

Whole foods, a.k.a. Whole Paycheck has many, many virtues. However, low price
is not among them. No matter what I go in there for, it always seems that I
end up paying more than $10, while being able to carry everything I bought in
my hands without a bag.

Robert Wallace

Nov 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/10/95
Steve Silberberg (ste...@onramp.net) wrote:
: In article <47o7na$s...@fohnix.metronet.com>,

: Steve Silberberg

Sorry to tag onto your post, but the original post has expired on my system.

Chili's (of all places) will have a veggie burger on their new menu, which
debuts next week (11/13/95).

I guess Brinkers is getting desperate -- chili's is one of their poorer
performers, according to a recent DMN business section article.

Robert Wallace
rob...@metronet.com