UT Austin Women in STEM High School Camps & Academies

1 visualizzazione
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Berry, Tricia S

da leggere,
30 apr 2024, 21:43:2230 apr
a Central Texas K12 STEM Outreach (central-texas-k12-stem-outreach@googlegroups.com), dfw-k12-st...@googlegroups.com, East Texas K12 STEM Outreach Group, el-paso-k12-...@googlegroups.com, houston-k-12-...@googlegroups.com, laredo-k-12-...@googlegroups.com, rio-grande-valley-...@googlegroups.com, san-antonio-k1...@googlegroups.com, waco-k-12-s...@googlegroups.com, west-texas-k12...@googlegroups.com

High schoolers looking for summer experiences? UT Austin Women in STEM high school camps and academies still have limited space available and scholarships still available. Registration deadline is May 8! Any high schooler of any gender heading into 10th, 11th, or 12th grade is eligible to register.

VIRTUAL: UT Austin Women in STEM virtual academies are asynchronous and accessible from anywhere at any time. Throughout June and July, students can either gain STEM skills and earn digital microcredentials or explore the various engineering majors offered at UT Austin and participate in 2 engineering design challenges.

ON-CAMPUS: We still have openings in several of our one-day, on-campus day camps, and scholarships are available if needed. We are super excited about the experiences we've crafted! Collaborators across campus. "Career Conversation Luncheons" each day with STEM role models from industry. Campus/lab/program/museum/department tours based on the day's theme. Hands-on engineering design challenges.

Registration closes May 8th! https://community.utexas.edu/womeninstem/k-12-programs/high-school-camps/

A few highlights for some of our camps with space still available:

6/4: STEM in Sustainable Communities - an experience at the
Texas Science & Natural History Museum with their Particles of Color - sustainable sequins fashion exhibit AND a Waller Creek adventure with UT Office of Sustainability.

6/5: STEM in Energy - a campus energy tour with the Webber Energy Group, role model visit with a mechanical engineer from
Shell, and tour/experience with the Hildebrand Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering

6/12: STEM in High Tech & Semiconductors - tour of the
Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) visualization lab, session with "wearable electronics" lab, engineering design challenge with CrowdStrike (cybersecurity company), role model visits with Applied Materials & Samsung Semiconductor

6/17: STEM in Art - exploration of material science and engineering intersection with art with a National Science Foundation (NSF)-funded research center -
Center for Dynamics and Control of Materials: an NSF MRSEC , STEM-art adventure at Blanton Museum of Art, STEM-art adventure and tour with Landmarks, The Public Art Program of The University of Texas at Austin.

6/19: STEM in Sports & Health - session with "wearable electronics" lab, interactive session and tour of Neuromuscular Biomechanics Laboratory

Virtual Summer Learning Academy – asynchronous camp through June and July where students can earn up to 4 digital badges / micro-credentials by gaining skills and knowledge on Data Science, Design Thinking and more.

Registration closes May 8th! https://community.utexas.edu/womeninstem/k-12-programs/high-school-camps/

Tricia Berry

she, her, hers

·  Executive Director, Women in STEM (WiSTEM)

·  Broadening Participation Director, Center for Dynamics and Control of Materials (CDCM) – an NSF MRSEC

The University of Texas at Austin

trici...@utexas.edu | community.utexas.edu/womeninstem | @utwistem

Book time to meet with me

My working day may not be your working day, so please do not feel obliged to reply outside of your normal working hours.

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi