Project MFG Additive Manufacturing Competition

John Peterson

Mar 26, 2024, 5:43:16 PMMar 26
to DFW K12 STEM Outreach
Howdy!

The Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station, in collaboration with Project MFG, invite high schools to our upcoming Additive Manufacturing Competition at Texas A&M University on May 2nd, 2024!  Register at https://projectmfg.com/additive-competitions/

In this additive manufacturing competition, teams will be tasked with designing a slot car (approximate dimensions of 4" x 2.5") that will run on a race track provided by Project MFG. Teams will be asked to produce a technical drawing before the competition, then program and print their designs during the competition.  Teams will be judged on the quality of their design, quality of print, print time, and their part's performance during the competition.

A recap video of last year's competition can be seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKblNY_FR8w

Teams may be composed of one to four students. Please see the attached flyer for more details or feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

We look forward to seeing you at Texas A&M University on May 2nd!

John Peterson | Senior Project Manager

TEES Manufacturing Workforce Initiatives

Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean | Texas A&M Engineering

PMFG Additive Competition.pdf