Volunteering opportunity

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Martha Julings

未讀,
2011年9月27日 上午10:37:202011/9/27
收件者:DF Movement Open Discussion Group
I would like to let you know about opportunties to volunteer in Africa
or India. They are for 18-22 year olds (with UK passports, European
passports, or Indefinate Leave to Remain), and are on the Skillshare
International ICS (International Citizen Service) Volunteer programme.
Opportunties last 12 weeks in Africa or India, and departures are 15th
January 2012, or mid April 2012.

Have a look at this short video on ICS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3JxjtRPpeE&feature=player_embedded#!

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to contribute to the work of
local organisations in Africa and India. You'll be helping the local
organisations working with children and young people on projects to
increase their life opportunties, awareness of issues that affect
them, and their confidence. In some places you'll also be helping the
staff with English langauage, computer literacy, and documenting the
work they do.

If you are interested in helping out, learning about a different
country and culture, and sharing your experience when you get back to
UK, please apply now at http://www.skillshare.org/ICS

It doesn't matter what skills you have, the most important thing is to
be positive about working alongside our partners in Africa and India.

There are a few opportunties that are looking for young people with a
particular interest/experience in the following:

Radio production/journalism
Music production
Small business - including textiles, jewellery and crafts
Hearing impairment
Visual impairment
Community health
Law - to work with programmes for survivors of abuse
Website development
Football coaching

Otherwise, just an interest in working with local young people is
enough.

How much will it cost? - the ICS programme is means tested. If the
household income on which you depend is less than £25,000, then it's
completely free. If it's between £25,000 and £40,000 then you need to
contrubute £1,000. If it's over £40,000, then you'll need to
comtribute £2,000.

Apply now at http://www.skillshare.org/ICS You will be invited to a
Skillshare International ICS Selection Day, in Leicester, which have
got very positive feedback from previous candidates.

Also please forward this to any of your friends or family who are
18-22, who may be interested.

For 23+ year olds - We do not have any ICS Volunteer Leader
Opportunties left for this 12 month pilot period. They have all been
filled. However, if the ICS programme is extended after April 2012,
then we will have opportunties available. The age ranges may change,
or they may stay the same, but either way there should be more
opportunties. Please keep a lookout on our website from January 2012.
Leader opportunities are likely to be for period of at least 6
months.

Best wishes

Elaine

Elaine Stevenson
Recruitment and Training Co-ordinator
Skillshare International
Skype elainestevenson1
Direct + 44 (0) 257 6604
Tel + 44 (0) 116 254 1862
www.skillshare.org
Follow us on Twitter @skillsharenews

Find us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skillshare-International/153524431361560

To donate £5 to support our programmes in Africa and Asia, please text
SKII26 £5 to 70070
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄