EMERGENCY MEETING: Calling all Woodcraft members

kit jones

Dec 2, 2010, 7:54:34 PM12/2/10
to discuss, woodcraft-discuss, dfs-discuss, Karl Darrell

EMERGENCY MEETING - Support the Kettled Generation – This Sunday

A meeting to organise Woodcraft Folk support for young people taking action against Fees and Cuts

This Sunday (5th December) 11-2pm

At London School of Economics - LSE (room to be confirmed)

Woodcraft Folk aims to empower young people. We are going through a period where young people are coming out in enormous numbers to stand up for what they believe in. Hundreds of thousands of young people are taking to the streets to defend their education and their future.

We need to be there to support them. I know that many of you are doing fantastic things with your groups. Cambridge Venturers visited the occupation at Cambridge university last week, the Playout bus has been playing music at protests and distributing placards, Highgate and Holloway pioneers marched to Downing street on the first national day of action and I am sure it has been a point of discussion at many more group nights. Our blog “Kettled Generation” captures just some of the things young members have been up to: http://s.coop/kettledgeneration

Next Thursday (9th December) is the next big event. Parliament is voting on the government's university funding plans and young people will be spending the day at a mass lobby at Westminster called by NUS, UCU Higher Education conference, Education Activist Network,  NCAFC, Right to Work and others (see http://s.coop/5yt)

So in preparation for that we are holding a meeting for Woodcraft Folk members to come and get involved. Anyone can come, although DF's are already holding a separate meeting – Midlands Thing – where these issues will also be discussed. This meeting is about Woodcraft Folk members organising to support young people – amongst other things we would like to distribute warm clothes, hot drinks, flags. We will make plans for Thursday's event, talk about how we can provide support more generally, distribute flyers and start making things like flags.

Please Come if you can, and distribute this widely.

kit jones

Dec 4, 2010, 3:07:00 PM12/4/10
to discuss, woodcraft-discuss, dfs-discuss
We will meet tomorrow outside the Nat West on Halton Street at 10:45-11am. This is the cobbled street that LSE it on.

If you arrrive late you will probably be able to find us in the main room of the building being occupied by LSE students - the Vera Anstey room.

Hope to see lots of you there,

Kit

you can call me if you have any problems: 07792477117