Volunteer abroad with all expenses paid

Martha Julings

May 15, 2011, 10:11:26 AM5/15/11
to DF Movement Open Discussion Group
This is up on SpanThatWorld and the Woodcraft website but I thought it
can't hurt to send it round here as well - sounds like a really great
opportunity for anyone who has 8 months to spare next year. NEED TO
ACT FAST THOUGH - DEADLINE MAY 20TH!!!!!

Message from Tamsin -

https://woodcraft.org.uk/news/volunteer-abroad-all-expenses-paid

Do you want to travel aboard? Going on a gap year but fed up with
companies that make you pay to Volunteer? Do you want to make a
difference and Volunteer Against Poverty Well this is for you....

We are about to submit a really exciting EVS (European Voluntary
Service) project called Volunteers Against Poverty (VAP) involving
countries in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
We plan to send 16 volunteers to sister organisations in other parts
of the world from January 2012 to August or December 2012 (8 to 12
months). It will pay for everything apart from 10% of your travel to
the country. We will even give you pocket money when you get out
there! (wow... ...how great is that!)

We have placements from Colombia to Indonesia, in every content there
are IFM-SEI groups that want you. During your time you will be working
in a local organisation. You could be working with street children
offering them education which they are otherwise denied or working on
anti-HIV/AIDS education projects.

We're looking for two or three volunteers from Woodcraft Folk - you
need to be between 18 and 30 (sorry - those are the rules of the
European Commission) and able to commit for at least 8 months, no
specific skills are needed, just enthusiasm and energy to try
something new.

You will volunteer in your host organisation working with children's
groups as well as taking part in an exciting global project with the
other volunteers making a documentary on child and youth poverty.

This is a really unique opportunity, full details are attached but
please make sure you forward this to young people who may be
interested, we have attached a profile about every organisation that
you could be placed with. (Find this here -
http://www.woodcraft.org.uk/sites/default/files/Info%20for%20interested%20volunteers.pdf
)
Other Woodcraft Members to go aboard on EVS previously are Evan and
Lloyd.. Evan enjoyed working so much in our of our education centres
in Europe he has never come back!

The deadline for applications is 20th May so please move fast!

If you are interested (and you should be!) contact us now. All you
need to do is write us a short email or letter telling us where you
would be interested in going and what you would like to do and why and
include your CV. We will try our best to find you a place.

Phone +32 2 215 7927
Mobile +32 473 182 588
tam...@ifm-sei.org
skype: tamsinpearce