Message from Lloyd

1 view

Martha Julings

Sep 27, 2011, 10:36:15 AM9/27/11
to DF Movement Open Discussion Group
Dear Comrades,

I want to share some very good news with you. IFM-SEI has been granted
it bid for a large project to send 17 European Voluntary Service
members (EVS) around the world for placements in other IFM-SEI
organisations for 8 months to a year.

We will be sending 4 EVS' to Cameroon, Colombia and Senegal. These
placements are paid including a contribution to the travel costs.

We will be receiving 3 EVS', two will be based in partnership with the
Activity Den in Stanley and the other will be based in the Head
Office.

These volunteers will work on a project called VAP - Volunteers
Against Poverty, working in the local communities as well as making a
documentary about child labour, youth unemployment and other kinds of
poverty around the world.

Watch the fantastic introduction videos here:

What is EVS - http://vimeo.com/29604261
Project Trailer - http://vimeo.com/29614826
What is Poverty - http://vimeo.com/29599281

Separately Woodcraft was also granted a grant which saw this month us
sending Carly Walker Dawson to Germany to do an EVS and sees us
welcome two additional members in to Folk House.

Pavla from the Czech Pionyr started her EVS in Head Office this week
and will be joined by a members from Germany who comes from an
organisation we have temporally partnered with from Leipzig.

We are delighted at all these grants and want to build programmes like
these so that our young people can go on gap years without paying to
commercial companies and give young people who would not be able to
afford it opportunists from our movement to come and work in the
Woodcraft Folk.

This is a fantastic opportunity for IFM-SEI and thanks go to the IFM-
SEI team who drafted the bid (Tamsin and Christine) and we are looking
forward to sending and receiving our young people all over the world!

If you are interested in taking part in an EVS, if your District is
close to a youth centre or another activity that the EVS could work in
full time then please tell us and we will help you find a volunteer
from our IFM-SEI movement and try and apply for more money from the
Youth in Action programme. Woodcraft Folk is acredited to host a young
person anywhere in the UK and send young people from anywhere in the
UK - your district could be next!

Blue Skies

Lloyd