Venturer leader wanted in North London

Martha Julings

Aug 11, 2011, 3:21:31 PM8/11/11
to DF Movement Open Discussion Group
Message from Tom, a venturer leader from Highgate and Holloway. I was
camping with H+H at cocamp, they're a brilliant district to work with,
really great group of venturers and Tom is a fantastic leader, I'd
really recomend getting involved if your living in north London next
year.

I am currently running a Venturer group (Highgate and Holloway) which
has approximately 17 Vents on a weekly basis.

The group meets about 5 minutes walk from Archway startion which is on
the northern line. We meet on Wednesday nights from 6.30-8pm in
Highgate Newtown Community Center.

On Co-camp I recruited another male leader who is going to be a great
asset. We have a female leader who will take us from September to
November but we are looking for more leaders (male or female!!) with a
long term view.

Our Vents are brilliant, have a typical teenage outlook and get alot
out of the program, activities and social education we do together.
Its quite an outspoken group so I would suggest that you will need to
be confident enough to make yourself heard!

We have a strong district with a long term future. We have spent the
last two years building the framework to allow new leaders to step
into the role with ease!!

We have plenty of program to pick from so you do not have to think up
new ideas week to week (although if you have any then thats
welcomed!!), its more a case of supporting the Vents, helping to
educate social change and being yourself so that our Vents feel
comfortable, excited and passionate about the WFC.

Moreover we have lots and lots of fun.

So, if you are interested (if you aren't then you're crazy!) then get
in touch - urban.d...@gmail.com

I imagine some DF's might overlook this thinking they aren't
experienced enough. We would welcome you as much as anyone else! If
you are at university in London and would like to help out at a group
then come and get in touch.

Blue Skies,
Tom G