schemaeditor : not required by default ?

thomas desvenain

Mar 5, 2014, 5:15:10 AM3/5/14
to dexterity-development
Hi, as far as I'm concerned, most fields i create will not be required.
So 90% times i create the field, then i edit it, i remove 'required' option. this is a little boring :)

what about setting fields not required by defaut ? (i can do this)

Thomas
--
Thomas Desvenain

Téléphone : 09 51 37 35 18

Nathan Van Gheem

Mar 5, 2014, 9:01:33 AM3/5/14
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds right to me. I imagine this was more just because zope schema fields default to required.

Nathan Van Gheem
Solutions Architect
Wildcard Corp

Maurits van Rees

Mar 5, 2014, 9:32:07 AM3/5/14
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Maurits

David Glick

Mar 8, 2014, 3:21:14 PM3/8/14
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com, dexterity-development

> On Mar 5, 2014, at 2:15 AM, thomas desvenain <thomas.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, as far as I'm concerned, most fields i create will not be required.
> So 90% times i create the field, then i edit it, i remove 'required' option. this is a little boring :)
>
> what about setting fields not required by defaut ? (i can do this)

+1.

Btw, at some point I want to make it so that once you add the field it takes you immediately to the field edit form. This will probably be easier once we rewrite the js as a pattern and can use the modal from mockup.

thomas desvenain

Apr 4, 2014, 3:41:26 PM4/4/14
to dexterity-development
Hi,

I have been thinking about it, maybe the best way is just to add "required" as an option directly on the add form.
I just created a pull request about this

https://github.com/plone/plone.schemaeditor/pull/14

Thanks