Issue 278 in dexterity: Improper behavior configuration in the FTI should be reported instead of being silently discarded

dext...@googlecode.com

Nov 8, 2012, 4:56:53 AM11/8/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 278 by zopyxfilter: Improper behavior configuration in the FTI
should be reported instead of being silently discarded
http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=278

An improper behavior configuration inside the FTI of a Dexterity based type
(mytype.xml) (e.g. misspelled) should be logged as an error or raised as an
error. The current behavior is to silently discard improper configured
behaviors....this is annoying during development. and cause unnecessary
extra headaches.

dext...@googlecode.com

Nov 10, 2012, 6:16:21 PM11/10/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 278 by da...@glicksoftware.com: Improper behavior
configuration in the FTI should be reported instead of being silently
discarded
http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=278

I think the rationale behind this was to prevent the plone4artists-like
scenario where breaks entirely just because the code implementing a
behavior was removed. But we should probably raise the error in debug mode,
and at least log a warning in non-debug mode.

dext...@googlecode.com

Nov 11, 2012, 7:58:10 AM11/11/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 278 by zopyxfilter: Improper behavior configuration in
the FTI should be reported instead of being silently discarded
http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=278

If you can point me to the related code then I will provide a patch for the
issue

dext...@googlecode.com

Nov 14, 2012, 1:00:55 PM11/14/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com