zopeskel.dexterity update

Steve McMahon

May 4, 2011, 9:44:43 PM5/4/11
to zope...@lists.plone.org, dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dexterity & ZopeSkel lists,

FYI, I've merged to zopeskel.dexterity trunk a set of changes meant to make zopeskel.dexterity's generated skeletons a bit more grok-like and a bit more like what's described in the Dexterity docs. I've copied the previous state of zopeskel.dexterity into a 1.2 branch.

If folks like this, I'd like to move it to beta soon. Let me know if you have reservations or suggestions.

Steve

Merge changes:

- Removed content field and view local command templates. My rationale for
  removing the field template is that most novice developers should be using
  TTW models and taking advantage of supermodel round-tripping. Those who are
  comfortable with schema fields are probably not likely to be using a tool
  like ZopeSkel to add them. The rationale for removing the view template is
  simpler: it's main functionality is now in the content-type template.

- Add sample view definition with addition of a content type.

- Revise to use filenames that will match those created by dexterity's export
  buttons. This means removing the dotted filename style.

- Revise to use grok-style directory structures that will more closely
  correspond with the dexterity docs.

rik

Nov 18, 2012, 9:09:53 PM11/18/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com, zope...@lists.plone.org
Steve et al,

i'm bumping into the sort of  pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound error anticipated by your Errors doc @ http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zopeskel.dexterity .  but the fix you recommend doesn't, for me?  specifically i have:

[zopeskel]
# installs paster and Zopeskel
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs =
    ZopeSkel
    Paste
    PasteDeploy
    PasteScript
    zopeskel.dexterity<=2.99
    ${client1:eggs}
    entry-points = paster=paste.script.command:run

in my (zeo) buildout, but when I issue the command

.../<my.package> % paster addcontent dexterity_content

i get the error:

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: z3c.blobfile: Not Found for: <my.package> (did you run python setup.py develop?)

any guesses?