Reindexing object_provides when setting a behaviour

1 view

thomas desvenain

Jul 2, 2013, 11:34:55 AM7/2/13
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
I get an issue with plonesocial.microblog because this ones search for contents implementing a behaviour in the catalog. When have set this behaviour (IMicroblogContext), i already had some contes of this types, and I got unexpected behaviour because the instances of those types were not indexed immediately with this object_provides value.

Do you think that we should reindex object_provides index for all contents of type when we change its behaviour ?

Thomas

--
Thomas Desvenain

Téléphone : 09 51 37 35 18

David Glick (Plone)

Jul 2, 2013, 1:10:08 PM7/2/13
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com, thomas desvenain
On 7/2/13 8:34 AM, thomas desvenain wrote:
> I get an issue with plonesocial.microblog because this ones search for
> contents implementing a behaviour in the catalog. When have set this
> behaviour (IMicroblogContext), i already had some contes of this
> types, and I got unexpected behaviour because the instances of those
> types were not indexed immediately with this object_provides value.
>
> Do you think that we should reindex object_provides index for all
> contents of type when we change its behaviour ?

Ah, yes, that sounds like a good idea probably. Although not all
behaviors add marker interfaces, so we don't need to reindex in every case.
David