paster plone puts Paste.egg in .../src/my.package ; should it?

rik

Nov 24, 2012, 6:37:57 PM11/24/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
because i've run into issues using zopeskel.dexterity, i'm trying this time to slavisly follow the instructions in the dexterity developers' manual (DDM)  and start with a simple plone paste. starting by linking the paster to the one in my new installation:

monk:~/Plone/zeocluster/src> which paster
~/Plone/zeocluster/bin/paster
monk:~/Plone/zeocluster/src> paster create -t plone my.package

seems to go well.  i note that one thing paster does is create Paste, PasteDeploy and Pastescript eggs within the new my.package directory that are not in the example.conference sample svn trunk, but that seems probably reasonable.

i have a buildout.cfg that has

develop =
    src/my.package/*
eggs =
   my.package

i make the changes to setup.py, configure.zcml, and profiles/default/metadata.xml recommended by DDM. i then go back and run buildout:

monk:~/Plone/zeocluster/src> cd ../..
monk:~/Plone/zeocluster> ./bin/buildout

but it complains while trying to execute Paste/setup.py:

Develop: '~/Plone/zeocluster/src/my.package/Paste-1.7.5.1-py2.7.egg'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/tmpMCkKmH", line 11, in <module>
    execfile('~/Plone/zeocluster/src/my.package/Paste-1.7.5.1-py2.7.egg/setup.py')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '~/Plone/zeocluster/src/my.package/Paste-1.7.5.1-py2.7.egg/setup.py'
While:
  Installing.
  Processing develop directory '~/Plone/zeocluster/src/my.package/Paste-1.7.5.1-py2.7.egg'.

is the problem that my buildout's "src/my.package.*" glob is too inclusive, that the Paste eggs should not be there, that the Paste egg created by paster does not contain the setup.py file it should ...?

rik

Nov 24, 2012, 8:28:28 PM11/24/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
ps:  i also tried running "python bootstrap.py" prior to the buildout, as specified in the DDM; same result.  i told you: slavishly following the DDM!

Maurits van Rees

Nov 26, 2012, 9:58:46 AM11/26/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rik,

is the problem that my buildout's "src/my.package.*" glob is too inclusive, that the Paste eggs should not be there, that the Paste egg created by paster does not contain the setup.py file it should …?

The glob is too inclusive. I actually do not think a glob is supported there, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, it should be:

    develop =
        src/my.package

That the Paste eggs are there is normal, though work is underway in ZopeSkel to change this as no one likes it.

Maurits van Rees