Issue 281 in dexterity: RelationChoice/RelationList content-tree popup not working Plone 4.2

dext...@googlecode.com

Dec 4, 2012, 1:55:12 AM12/4/12
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 281 by zopyxfilter: RelationChoice/RelationList content-tree
popup not working Plone 4.2
http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=281

We moved a Dexterity based application using a RelationChoice/RelationList
from Plone 4.1 to Plone 4.2 (while upgrading from Dexterity 1.2 to 2.0).
The content-tree popup window does no longer seem to work. I don't
encounter any JS errors....so no idea what's going on here.

dext...@googlecode.com

Apr 17, 2013, 5:07:44 PM4/17/13
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 281 by ace...@gmail.com: RelationChoice/RelationList
content-tree popup not working Plone 4.2
http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=281

I found a workaround: go to jqueryui controlpanel and uncheck the
autocomplete plugin. Apparently contenttree widget conflicts with
autocomplete.

issue notifications to this address.

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS

May 1, 2013, 3:37:26 AM5/1/13
to dexterity-development
The current relation contrenttree widget is on top of plone.formwidget.autocomplete which is one of theses old JS plone have (2008) and conflict with jqueryui because it is the ancestor of this one and it fails silently.

This is why whe have a 2.0 branch of plone.formwidget.autocomplete based on jqueryui which maintained but I don't have time to verify the compatibility with relation content tree widget so the merge didn't happens.

So please do not unecheck autocomplete from jquery, try to use next p.f.autocomplete widget instead and make it work with it if you time to spend on this.

This widget is IMO an abandon ware; it doesn't work on mobile, it is based on many levels of widgets and contenttree is really not sexy at all ... I have read the code and just think it can't be in plone core (please)

We need a content finder widget which is more modern, works on mobile.

Regards / Cordialement,
JeanMichel FRANCOIS

dext...@googlecode.com

May 4, 2013, 7:44:38 AM5/4/13
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 281 by m...@webtide.co.za: RelationChoice/RelationList
content-tree popup not working Plone 4.2
http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=281

I'm running on 4.3 and not sure if my problem is the same as zopyxfilter
because I *do* get JS errors. I wired in the jquery-autocomplete branch of
p.f.autocomplete as JeanMichel suggested on the mailing list and the JS
errors went away. But when I clicked Browse the popup was empty. I got it
work by by changing my field in the schema with:
* I had to set required = False
* in the source, my query to ObjPathSourceBinder had to contain the exact
path to the related objects - anything higher in the tree didn't work. I
see 'navtree':1 is somehow appended to my query so if I provide a path one
level higher, my popup is empty.