Issue 158 in dexterity: Categories edit form does not propose existing tags

dext...@googlecode.com

Feb 25, 2011, 11:31:49 AM2/25/11
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 158 by euidzero: Categories edit form does not propose existing
tags
http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=158

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.create a dexterity type
2.activate the behavior "Categorization"
3.create one objet of this type, go to the categorization tab

One expect the usual Categorie form displaying all existing tags in a box
to allow picking one or more tags.

Instead there is only an empty input box for categories

1.0b3 on plone 4.0.3 (on debian squeeze).

Note that the tags added to the dexterity object are correctly available to
the non dexterity object in the site.

EuIdZero

Feb 26, 2011, 9:02:55 AM2/26/11
to Dexterity development
Actually the class ICategorization implemented in behaviors/
metedata.py is not using the KeywordWidget.

Would it be possible to either use the KeywordWidget or the
AddRemoveWidget ?

On 25 fév, 17:31, dexter...@googlecode.com wrote:
> Owner: ----
> Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
>
> New issue 158 by euidzero: Categories edit form does not propose existing
> tagshttp://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=158

Martin Aspeli

Feb 26, 2011, 9:12:17 AM2/26/11
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com, EuIdZero
On 26 February 2011 14:02, EuIdZero <euid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually the  class ICategorization implemented in behaviors/
> metedata.py is not using the KeywordWidget.
>
> Would it be possible to  either use  the KeywordWidget or the
> AddRemoveWidget ?

Those are Archetypes widgets, so they won't work with Dexterity types.
We would need to find a better z3c.form widget for this purpose.

Martin

Asko Soukka

Feb 26, 2011, 10:34:24 AM2/26/11
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com

I've once used the current plone.formwidget.autocomplete with a special
query source, which both returns indexed keywords (Subject) and allows
to add new ones.

-Asko

EuIdZero

Feb 28, 2011, 5:52:32 AM2/28/11
to Dexterity development
Asko do you have some code to share ?

Thanks,

On 26 fév, 16:34, Asko Soukka <asko.sou...@iki.fi> wrote:

EuIdZero

Feb 28, 2011, 5:53:22 AM2/28/11
to Dexterity development

Could this widget be a solution :

http://opkode.net/media/software/collective.z3cform.keywordwidget ??

Asko Soukka

Feb 28, 2011, 7:56:11 AM2/28/11
EuIdZero wrote:
> Asko do you have some code to share ?

Sure: http://pastie.org/1616604

I hope it still works and helps you to get further.

-Asko

Sébastien Chaumat

Feb 28, 2011, 8:06:11 AM2/28/11
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot !
could you tell me in which file each part is supposed to be in in my product ?

2011/2/28 Asko Soukka <asko....@iki.fi>:

dext...@googlecode.com

Apr 16, 2011, 8:51:32 PM4/16/11
to dexterity-...@googlegroups.com