Webhook request IP

Gabe

Aug 29, 2016, 8:31:03 PM8/29/16
to DevTargetProcess
I'd like to set up a webhook listening service, but my IT department needs to make some changes to our firewall to allow incoming access.  I had to jump through a similar hoop to get the Bugzilla integration working, and we used the IP 108.168.246.162.  I tried that IP for webhooks, but my server isn't receiving any requests.  Should we be allowing traffic from a different IP?  Or maybe the webhook requests are significantly delayed?

Thanks in advance.

julia.k...@targetprocess.com

Aug 31, 2016, 6:06:15 AM8/31/16
to DevTargetProcess
Hi Gabe,

All the plug-ins are located at the same server, so Webhook should be using the same IP address as Bugzilla, so everything should work well and without any delay.

Here are a couple of things to check:
1. Are there any errors in the Webhook profile log? The log is situated below 'Save and Exit' button
2. Do you use a valid URL as 'Web Hook URL'? Can you do a POST to this URL from any other tool?
3. Will Webhook be triggered if you try any other URL (e.g. something public)?

Best wishes,
Julia.

Gabe

Sep 5, 2016, 3:16:11 PM9/5/16
to DevTargetProcess
Thanks for the reply Julia!  I reran my tests after seeing your response, and things are working now, thanks for your help.