Plugin - how to update a feature when we have only the UserStoryDTO

Ameet Hasmucrai

Mar 23, 2016, 7:01:40 AM3/23/16
to DevTargetProcess
Hi,

I would like to change the state of a feature once I update one of its user stories. So I implemented a handle to receive updates of user stories, and that is working fine. But based on that information, I want change the state of its corresponding feature. The problem is that I don't have the feature DTO in that class (I just have the user story DTO, because I am handling messages of updates to user stories). I tried sending the command to update the feature, using just the feature ID and the new state, but nothing happens.
What should I do with this kind of situation?

Thanks

truh...@targetprocess.com

Oct 17, 2016, 12:30:07 PM10/17/16
to DevTargetProcess
Hello.
You don't need to have featureDTO, FeatureId is just fine and should work. Mostly we recommend to use REST api to update entities from plugins, because it is much more powerful than plugin commands.
So just try to make HTTP POST to features endpoint with updated entityState and it should work.