Ada Awards - Digital Girl Award 2014

Tasha

Jul 5, 2014, 2:26:09 PM7/5/14
to devox...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

2014 is the second year where the EU Ada Awards are nominated in order to promote girls and women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).

When I heard about the second edition, I directly thought about all the amazing girls that I met at the different D4K events that I attended (4x Belgium, 2x Paris, London, Geneva) and that I saw on the various videos from the other events.

I would really like to see "our" girls participating in this award nominations. Getting rewarded in STEM is certainly a game changer in the life of a girl and being nominated can be as well.

Here you can find more information about the award, text, pictures and videos:

http://adaawards.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TheAdaAwards
http://digitalwomanaward.com/2013/11/09/first-eu-ada-award-winners/
http://www.digitalgirlaward.com/2013/10/10/2013-finalists/

With this mail, I would like to ask the D4K organizers and volunteers around the EU, if they could think of girls that showed amazing passion and skills during your events. We don't need Supergirl though! If you find someone, we could find back these girls and get in touch with their parents in order to propose a potential submission to the Awards.

Notes: This message is my personal initiative and not a project of Devoxx4Kids. If you like, I can personally handle the communication with the parents. Of course, everything is voluntary and solely the decision of the parents. I/we will only act as starting intermediary and not remain in the circuit once the parent decided to submit a nomination.

Best wishes,

Tasha

(D4K Belgium and Worldwide :)