LEGO We Do

Michael Vorburger

Nov 14, 2013, 1:59:25 PM11/14/13
to devox...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

great to meet some of you during the two sessions at Devoxx today! Few thoughts / pointers:

I noticed you hadn't mentioned LEGO WeDo, which is a simpler system than Mindstorms, very suitable for younger kids - it can be programmed directly by the (old 1.0) Scratch, and so makes it possible to get (simple) sprites from Scratch out in the real physical. Here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7PA3zq_6OqeBFsakT_6-SCSfvxwAKlBT are a few videos of what I've done with it.

It occurred to me Devoxx4Kids could connect with Stefania Druga who is doing with HacKIDemia ? Maybe sharing workshop guide documentation on some common site could be interesting? Just a thought.

I've published the personal notes I've taken during the 2 sessions at Devoxx today on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jd_iATMPcz09kkZR5Ec95-SturFtf3zVRyi_jRgB5CI/edit - maybe this is useful / of interest for some.

Best,
Michael
---

Opemipo Ogunkola

Feb 19, 2014, 7:43:49 AM2/19/14
to devox...@googlegroups.com
michael , I thought exactly the same thing. Working with Stef on afrimakers