Electronic music and DSP programming workshop

Geert Bevin

Oct 10, 2013, 6:18:29 AM10/10/13
to devox...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I think Devoxx4Kids is an amazing initiative and am excited to have my youngest daughter participate in Namur this weekend with a friend.

I've been quite active in electronic music and DSP programming for the past few years and worked for instance on the Eigenharp instruments (http://www.eigenlabs.com). Eigenlabs has generously offered to donate a Pico instrument to Devoxx4Kids and I'm volunteering to put a workshop together that lets kids visually explore Digital Sound Processing primitives in a very tactile and intuitive way. I think it would also be cool to introduce a section that relies on OSC message passing which would allow them to actually control other devices and robots with the Eigenharp by using the amazing tactile keys of the instrument (for instance using ThingM Blink lights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8lexmQkYME).

That brings me to the format of the workshops. Is there anything available about how they're prepared and shared? If I understand it correctly, they're available as open source (awesome!) and are reused in other countries.

Thanks for the info,

Geert

Daniel De Luca

Oct 10, 2013, 8:18:17 AM10/10/13
to devox...@googlegroups.com, Geert Bevin
Geert,
This is an amazing news.. many thanks ..

The workshop of the Devoxx4Kids BE team are available in the Materials
section of the Web Site.
Feel free to use the template, etc..

http://www.devoxx.com/display/4KIDSBE/Materials

Daniel
> --

Daniel De Luca
BeJUG, Devoxx and Devoxx4Kids Steering member.
http://www.devoxx4kids.com
http://www.devoxx.com
http://www.bejug.org