Devopsdays Seattle

kmugrage

May 13, 2014, 1:07:17 PM5/13/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

I was talking with some of the organizers in Austin, and am very interested in organizing an event in Seattle. There have been events in Portland and Vancouver, BC, but I don't think there's ever been one here. A few other people from ThoughtWorks are also willing to help out. There are also one or two devops unicorns in the area that we'd love to get interested.

I don't think we'd want to do October 2014 because many of us would like to attend Belgium that month. Is November a bad month? I know we're flirting with the holidays at that point. Would sometime in early 2015 be better?

Any (and all) advice, feedback, objections welcomed!

Thanks,
Ken

Jesse Keating

May 13, 2014, 1:58:33 PM5/13/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ken. A few other seattle folks expressed interest in having a devops days Seattle as well, and we went and created a new list: devopsday...@googlegroups.com

I’ve somehwhat dropped the ball after creating the list and having some people subscribe, but I’m happy to see more interest. Please join and see if we can get this effort kickstarted.

-jlk

cheeseplus

May 22, 2014, 4:21:06 PM5/22/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com

I'd love to throw my hat in to help with the conference. I've got some experience putting on conferences (Ricon x3) and would happily share.

Dominica DeGrandis

Jun 12, 2014, 11:10:22 PM6/12/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com
Yeah for Devopsdays Seattle!!
Might be easier for folks to get up to Seattle in spring/summer.  I vote for May 2015:)

--

---

Ian Anderson

Jul 19, 2014, 1:57:19 AM7/19/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com
Is this still a thing? I'd love to help out with planning and putting on the event.

Ken Mugrage

Jul 21, 2014, 1:43:58 PM7/21/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com

I'd still be interested in helping out. Agree that next spring would be best. This fall is very packed.

Ken

On Jul 21, 2014 9:45 AM, "Ian Anderson" <ianan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is this still a thing? I'd love to help out with planning and putting on the event.

Jesse Keating

Jul 21, 2014, 2:05:57 PM7/21/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com
On Jul 21, 2014, at 10:22 AM, Ken Mugrage <kmug...@thoughtworks.com> wrote:

> I'd still be interested in helping out. Agree that next spring would be best. This fall is very packed.
>
> Ken
>
> On Jul 21, 2014 9:45 AM, "Ian Anderson" <ianan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this still a thing? I'd love to help out with planning and putting on the event.

Yup. There is a devopsdays-seattle group. We’ve targeted late spring/early summer event for 2015. Still in the early days of planning and learning.

-jlk

Ian Anderson

Jul 21, 2014, 3:14:07 PM7/21/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com
I must be blind or missing something.  Searching the googles I don't see any group called devopsdays-seattle

--

---

Jesse Keating

Jul 21, 2014, 3:17:56 PM7/21/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com
On Jul 21, 2014, at 11:23 AM, Ian Anderson <ianan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I must be blind or missing something. Searching the googles I don't see any group called devopsdays-seattle
>

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Jesse Keating <jkea...@j2solutions.net> wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2014, at 10:22 AM, Ken Mugrage <kmug...@thoughtworks.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd still be interested in helping out. Agree that next spring would be best. This fall is very packed.
> >
> > Ken
> >
> > On Jul 21, 2014 9:45 AM, "Ian Anderson" <ianan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is this still a thing? I'd love to help out with planning and putting on the event.
>
> Yup. There is a devopsdays-seattle group. We've targeted late spring/early summer event for 2015. Still in the early days of planning and learning.
>
> -jlk

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/devopsdays-seattle

Maybe I did something wrong when I made it?

-jlk

Ian Anderson

Jul 22, 2014, 10:24:55 AM7/22/14
to devopsdays
Not sure, but it is a "private" group if that is what you intended.  Not sure if that hides the group from google search or not.

p.s. by private that means you must "apply for membership" into the group.   Just FYI

-jlk

Ken Mugrage

Jul 22, 2014, 10:54:56 AM7/22/14
to devop...@googlegroups.com

Can you send a link to the group? I wasn't able to find it when I looked a few weeks back.

Thanks!

--

---

Ken Mugrage - ThoughtWorks Studios OSS Program Manager
Twitter
@kmugrage