DevOps Certification

Afzal Khan

Jul 10, 2018, 1:46:20 PM7/10/18
to devops
Hi All,

Please let me know the devops certification I can do to boost my Career.

And also if aws certified developer - associate help.

Thanks,
Afzal

Matt Joyce

Jul 10, 2018, 1:47:51 PM7/10/18
to dev...@googlegroups.com
unsubscribe

--

---

gaurav chaturvedi

Jul 10, 2018, 4:23:44 PM7/10/18
to dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Afzal,
   It probably does not help that companies like Amazon have started calling their certifications " AWS certified devops engineer"

Please let me know the devops certification I can do to boost my Career.

Did you by any chance mean system administration certifications?

For Windows I have heard good things about Microsoft's MCSA certification, for linux you could try Redhat's RHCE. I don't hold any certification so take my advice with a grain of salt do research them first.

And also if aws certified developer - associate help.

AWS's certification will help you in certain cases. For example if your company was entirely based in AWS then their certifications would be helpful.
I would say, only get the 'AWS certified cloud practitioner' certification. If its not required in your current situation.

James Litton

Jul 10, 2018, 4:48:25 PM7/10/18
to dev...@googlegroups.com
As a hiring manager, I agree with Gaurav. I am quick to dismiss
resumes that list certificates. Taking course work to learn about new
technologies is an important way to maintain and extend your
proficiencies, but I look for a solid academic background(BS/MS in
Math/CS/Engineering) and/or good progressive experience in the field.
I am partial to people who have worked in a DevOps environment(on a
team with software engineers, systems/production/infrastructure
engineers and potentially QA/Release, if those are considered separate
roles) in the past, preferably running a large website or SaaS
service.

A typical background for someone who does not have a formal education
typically looks like a progression from helpdesk->NOC/support
L2->Systems Admin->Systems/Infra Engineer(maybe on a dedicated
team)->Systems Engineer on a DevOps Team running interesting things.
This is not a hard and fast rule, but expect to spend some time
building your background in those areas if this the type of role you
think you want in the future.

Stuart Davis

Jul 11, 2018, 11:26:52 AM7/11/18
to dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Afzal!

You can do the certification courses from where I did ! Tetra is famous for effective DevOps courses! You can pick the ones you like.

For AWS: you can visit this site: AWS courses. I took the Master Class Course Series and it helped me in my career. Let me know if you need any other details.

Best,
Stuart

---

Prakash Parmar

Dec 13, 2018, 1:37:56 AM12/13/18
to devops

Hey Afzal,

There are serval devops certification cources are avilable in the market, also there are many private organization are there who provide the certifications.

Here are the best sources for learning DevOps,
Hope this answer will helpful for you.

Regards,
Prakash,
DevOps Solutions Engineer at Cuelogic

Disclaimer
This email communication (including any attachments) contains information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient/s. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email communication (including any attachments) and hard copies immediately, please preserve its confidentiality and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this email communication (including any attachments) in any manner whatsoever, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. This email communication (including any attachments), may not be free of viruses, you should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment to this e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and Cuelogic Technologies shall not be liable for any damage that you may sustain as a result of viruses, in completeness of this message, a delay in receipt of this message. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Cuelogic Technologies. Cuelogic Technologies will not accept any liability in respect of such content of this email, and the author shall be solely responsible and will be personally liable for any damages or other liability.

Nathaniel Eliot

Dec 13, 2018, 1:49:11 AM12/13/18
to dev...@googlegroups.com
Like several others, I'm leery of certificates. I've got a good career, and never gotten one.

Some alternatives to certificates:
- Startups will put you to work on things well outside your current resume, in exchange for paying you less than an experienced equivalent. Nerdy excitement and good communication skills help here.
- Lambda School offers a 30 week course, with a payment plan based upon their ability to get you work afterward (17% of income for two years once you're making $50K+, capped at $30K). Whether that's valuable depends on where you're at in your career.

Cheers,

--
Nathaniel Eliot
T9 Productions

--

---

Kris Buytaert

Dec 13, 2018, 2:50:23 AM12/13/18
to dev...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2018-12-12 at 22:30 -0800, Prakash Parmar wrote:

Gentle reminder that there is no such thing as a Devops Certification,

Everybody claiming to sell you one is running a Scam for your money.
Everyone claiming to be certified doesn't understand what Devops is about
And Everybody who requires you to be certified in order to get a job is clearly showing that there will be no devops mindset in their organisation.

greetings

Kris

Aleksey Tsalolikhin

Dec 14, 2018, 9:16:04 AM12/14/18