google gmail sends my mails to spam

Mojtaba Akbari

Oct 20, 2022, 4:43:49 PM10/20/22
to devops
I already have installed a mail server (postfix) on my Ubuntu server,
I have set up dkim, spf, unsubscrivbe-header, and have checked my score on several spam checkers (specially mail-tester.com) and i got 10/10 score,
but still gmail sends my mail server's emails to spam box.
why is that so? what's wrong with it?

Andy Smith

Oct 20, 2022, 7:53:45 PM10/20/22
to dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 04:23:41AM -0700, Mojtaba Akbari wrote:
> I have set up dkim, spf, unsubscrivbe-header, and have checked my score on
> several spam checkers (specially mail-tester.com) and i got 10/10 score,
> but still gmail sends my mail server's emails to spam box.

You probably want a mailing list for email operators rather than the
devops list, in which case that is mailop, but I expect that no one
there will be able to tell you more than what is already in the best
practices document on their web site:

https://www.mailop.org/

> why is that so? what's wrong with it?

You're almost certainly not going to get anyone at Google to tell
you what specifically has gone wrong. All you can do is follow their
stated requirements. And we can't tell if you are doing that without
seeing one of the emails. It could be that there is an error in your
DKIM, SPF or reverse DNS, for example. Google are especially strict
about all of these over IPv6.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Andy