os build and deployment

mastinder singh

Aug 20, 2015, 3:20:40 AM8/20/15
to devops-toolchain
Anyone working on OS build and release tool .if so which tool been used for it.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Tim Brown

Aug 20, 2015, 4:37:17 PM8/20/15
to devops-t...@googlegroups.com
OS as in operating system or as in open source?

"Build and release" is also extremely broad -- what specifically are you looking for?

~Sent from my mobile device. Please pardon any oddities :-)

Ranjib Dey

Aug 20, 2015, 4:45:59 PM8/20/15
to devops-t...@googlegroups.com
we build Linux Kernel using gocd. setup is same as any other projects.. we have a build.sh script in addition that does the config setup, debian building etc

hth
ranjib

volker

Aug 20, 2015, 4:55:31 PM8/20/15
to devops-toolchain
I used Yocto for a project running on Intel NUC hardware. Great for embedded and small systems.

If you want to build "cloud" images based on existing images: packer, veewee & co